Dr. Joseph Murphy was an author and New Thought minister, ordained in Divine Science and Religious Science.
He is best known for his book The Power Of Your Subconscious Mind (originally published in 1963) which is very highly rated by thousands readers across the world.
If you’re interested in the Law of Attraction and the power of the subconscious mind then these Joseph Murphy quotes are certain to be eye opening and inspiring.
67 Inspirational Dr. Joseph Murphy Quotes
1. “You are like a captain navigating a ship. You must give the right orders, thoughts and images to your subconscious which controls and governs all your experiences.” – Joseph Murphy
2. “The law of attraction attracts to you everything you need, according to the nature of your thought life. Your environment and financial condition are the perfect reflection of your habitual thinking. Thought rules the world.” – Joseph Murphy
3. “All things that have happened to you are based on thoughts impressed on the subconscious mind through belief. The subconscious mind will accept your beliefs and accept your convictions.” – Joseph Murphy
4. “The subconscious mind is ruled by suggestion, it accepts all suggestions – it does not argue with you – it fulfils your wishes.” – Joseph Murphy
5. “Think good and good follows. Think evil and evil follows. You are what you think all day long.” – Joseph Murphy
6. “All of us have our own inner fears, beliefs, opinions. These inner assumptions rule and govern our lives. A suggestion has no power in and of itself, its power arises from the fact that you accept it mentally.” – Joseph Murphy
7. “As you sow in your subconscious mind, so shall you reap in your body and environment.” – Joseph Murphy
8. “Know that in your deeper mind are infinite intelligence and infinite power.” – Joseph Murphy
9. “The truth is you can acquire any quality you want by acting as though you already have it.” – Joseph Murphy
10. “Every thought is a cause & every condition is an effect. Change your thoughts & you change your destiny.” – Joseph Murphy
11. “You can develop the right mental attitude when you realize that nothing external can upset you or hurt you without your mental consent.” – Joseph Murphy
12. “Your subconscious never sleeps. It is always on the job. It controls all your vital functions. Forgive yourself and every one else before you go to sleep, and healing will take place much more rapidly.” – Joseph Murphy
13. “Infinite riches are all around you if you will open your mental eyes and behold the treasure house of infinity within you. There is a gold mine within you from which you can extract everything you need to live life gloriously, joyously, and abundantly.” – Joseph Murphy
14. “Whatever your conscious mind assumes and believes to be true, your subconscious mind will accept and bring to pass. Believe in good fortune, divine guidance, right action, and all the blessings of life.” – Joseph Murphy
15. “Your subconscious mind does not argue with you. It accepts what your conscious mind decrees. If you say, “I can’t afford it,” your subconscious mind works to make it true. Select a better thought. Decree, “I’ll buy it. I accept it in my mind.”” – Joseph Murphy
16. “As a person thinks, feels, and believes, so is the condition of his or her mind, body, and circumstances.” – Joseph Murphy
17. “The first thing to remember is the dual nature of your mind. The subconscious mind is constantly amenable to the power of suggestion; furthermore the subconscious mind has complete control of the functions, conditions, and sensations of your body. Trust the subconscious mind to heal you. It made your body, and it knows all of its processes and functions. It knows much more than your conscious mind about healing and restoring you to perfect balance.” – Joseph Murphy
18. “When you imagine the reality of the fulfilled desire and feel the thrill of accomplishment, your subconscious brings about the realisation of desire.” – Joseph Murphy
19. “Watch your thoughts. Every thought accepted as true is sent by your brain to your solar plexus – your abdominal brain – and is brought into your world as a reality.” – Joseph Murphy
20. “All you have to do is unite, mentally and emotionally with the good you wish to embody. The creative powers of your subconscious will respond accordingly.” – Joseph Murphy
21. “The great secret possessed by the great men of all ages was their ability to contact and release the powers of their subconscious mind. You can do the same.” – Joseph Murphy
22. “You can build radiant health, success and happiness by the thoughts you think in the hidden studio of your mind.” – Joseph Murphy
23. “Whether the object of your faith is real or false, you will get results. Your subconscious mind responds to the thought in your mind. Look upon faith as a thought in your mind and that will suffice.” – Joseph Murphy
24. “Remember that the subconscious mind has determined the success and wonderful achievements of all great scientific workers.” – Joseph Murphy
25. “There is a miraculous healing power in your subconscious that can heal the troubled mind and the broken heart. It can open the prison door of the mind and liberate you. It can free you from all kinds of material and physical bondage.” – Joseph Murphy
26. “You can interfere with the normal rhythm of your heart, lungs, and other organs by worry, anxiety, and fear. Feed your subconscious with thoughts of harmony, health, and peace, and all the functions of your body will become normal again.” – Joseph Murphy
27. “It is said that fear is man’s greatest enemy. Fear is behind failure, sickness, and poor human relations. Millions of people are afraid of the past, the future, old age, insanity, and death. Fear is a thought in your mind, and you are afraid of your own thoughts.” – Joseph Murphy
28. “It is foolish to believe in something to hurt or harm you. Remember, it is not the thing believed in that hurts or harms you, but the belief or thought in your mind, which creates the result. All your experiences, all your actions, and all the events and circumstances of your life are but the reflections and reactions to your own thought.” – Joseph Murphy
29. “The most wonderful thing to know is this: Imagine the end desired and feel its reality; then the infinite life principle will respond to your conscious choice and your conscious request. This is the meaning of believe you have received, and you shall receive. This what the modern mental scientist does when he practices prayer therapy.” – Joseph Murphy
30. “All disease originates in the mind. Nothing appears on the body unless there is a mental pattern corresponding to it.” – Joseph Murphy
31. “Prior to sleep, turn over a specific request to your subconscious mind and prove its miracle-working power to yourself.” – Joseph Murphy
32. “A hateful or resentful thought is a mental poison. Do not think ill of another for to do so is to think ill of yourself. You are the only thinker in your universe, and your thoughts are creative.” – Joseph Murphy
33. “There is no block to your happiness save in your own thought life and mental imagery. Is fear or worry holding you back? Fear is a thought in your mind. You can dig it up this very moment by supplanting it with faith in success, achievement, and victory over all problems.” – Joseph Murphy
34. “It is abnormal to be sick; it simply means you are going against the stream of life and thinking negatively.” – Joseph Murphy
35. “The miraculous healings you hear about at various shrines are due to imagination and blind faith which act on the subconscious mind, releasing the healing power.” – Joseph Murphy
36. “As you go to sleep at night, practice the following technique. Repeat the word, “Wealth,” quietly, easily, and feelingly. Do this over and over again, just like a lullaby. Lull yourself to sleep with the one word, “Wealth.” You should be amazed at the result. Wealth should flow to you in avalanches of abundance.” – Joseph Murphy
37. “You are the sum total of your own thoughts. You can keep from entertaining negative thought and imagery. The way to get rid of darkness is with light; the way to overcome cold is with heat; the way to overcome the negative thought is to substitute the good thought. Affirm the good, and the bad will vanish.” – Joseph Murphy
38. “Imagination is the most powerful faculty. Imagine what is lovely and of good report. You are what you imagine yourself to be.” – Joseph Murphy
39. “Deposit thoughts of prosperity, wealth, and success in your subconscious mind, and the latter will give you compound interest.” – Joseph Murphy
40. “If you are wondering about the answer to a problem, try to solve it objectively. Get all the information you can from research and also from others. If no answer comes, turn it over to your subconscious mind prior to sleep, and the answer always comes. It never fails.” – Joseph Murphy
41. “You are as young as you think you are. You are as strong as you think you are. You are as useful as you think you are. You are as young as your thoughts.” – Joseph Murphy
42. “An excellent way to get acquainted with the two functions of your mind is to look upon your mind as a garden. You are a gardener, and you are planting seeds (thoughts) in your subconscious mind all day long, based on your habitual thinking. As you sow in your subconscious mind, so shall you reap in your body and environment.” – Joseph Murphy
43. “Your subconscious is the builder of your body and is on the job 24 hours a day. You interfere with its life giving patterns by negative thinking.” – Joseph Murphy
44. “The feeling of health produces health; the feeling of wealth produces wealth. How do you feel?” – Joseph Murphy
45. “Suppose you are afraid of the water, a mountain, an interview, an audition, or you fear closed spaces. If you are afraid of swimming, begin now to sit still for five or ten minutes three or four times a day, and imagine you are swimming. Actually, you are swimming in your mind. It is a subjective experience. Mentally you have projected yourself into the water. You feel the chill of the water and the movement of your arms and legs. It is all real, vivid, and a joyous activity of the mind. It is not idle daydreaming, for you know that what you are experiencing in your imagination will be developed in your subconscious mind. Then you will be compelled to express the image and likeness of the picture you impressed on your deeper mind. This is the law of the subconscious. You could apply the same technique if you are afraid of mountains, or high places. Imagine you are climbing the mountain, feel the reality of it all, enjoy the scenery, knowing that as you continue to do this mentally, you will do it physically with ease and comfort.” – Joseph Murphy
46. “A psychologist friend of mine told me that one of his lungs was infected. X rays and analysis showed the presence of tuberculosis. At night before going to sleep he would quietly affirm, “Every cell, nerve, tissue, and muscle of my lungs are now being made whole, pure, and perfect. My whole body is being restored to health and harmony.” These are not his exact words, but they represent the essence of what he affirmed. A complete healing followed in about a month’s time. Subsequent X rays showed a perfect healing.” – Joseph Murphy
47. “If you are seeking promotion in your work, imagine your employer, supervisor, or loved one congratulating you on your promotion. Make the picture vivid and real. Hear the voice, see the gestures, and feel the reality of it all. Continue to do this frequently, and through frequent occupancy of your mind, you will experience the joy of the answered prayer.” – Joseph Murphy
48. “Watch what you say. You have to account for every idle word. Never say, “I will fail; I will lose my job; I can’t pay the rent.” Your subconscious cannot take a joke. It brings all these things to pass.” – Joseph Murphy
49. “Remember, it is not the thing believed in, but the belief in your own mind, which brings about the result. Cease believing in the false beliefs, opinions, superstitions, and fears of mankind. Begin to believe in the eternal verities and truths of life, which never change. Then, you will move onward, upward, and Godward.” – Joseph Murphy
50. “Great and noble thoughts upon which you habitually dwell become great acts.” – Joseph Murphy
51. “Never use the terms, “I can’t afford it” or “I can’t do this.” Your subconscious mind takes you at your word and sees to it that you do not have the money or the ability to do what you want to do. Affirm, “I can do all things through the power of my subconscious mind.”” – Joseph Murphy
52. “Your prayer is answered according to the universal law of action and reaction. Thought is incipient action. The reaction is the response from your subconscious mind which corresponds with the nature of your thought. Busy your mind with the concepts of harmony, health, peace, and good will, and wonders will happen in your life.” – Joseph Murphy
53. “God, or Life, never sends disease, sickness, accident, or suffering. We bring these things on ourselves by our own negative destructive thinking based upon the law as we sow, so shall we reap.” – Joseph Murphy
54. “Your subconscious mind is a recording machine which reproduces your habitual thinking. Think good of the other, and you are actually thinking good about yourself.” – Joseph Murphy
55. “The feeling of wealth produces wealth; keep this in mind at all times. Your subconscious mind is like a bank, a sort of universal financial institution. It magnifies whatever you deposit or impress upon it whether it is the idea of wealth or of poverty. Choose wealth.” – Joseph Murphy
56. “Your subconscious mind controls all the vital processes of your body and knows the answer to all the problems.” – Joseph Murphy
57. “What do you believe about yourself, life and the universe? It is done unto you as you believe.” – Joseph Murphy
58. “Know that you can remake yourself by giving a new blueprint to your subconscious mind.” – Joseph Murphy
59. “What you write on the inside, you will experience it on the outside.” – Joseph Murphy
60. “A mental picture is worth a thousand words. Your subconscious will bring to pass any picture held in the mind backed by faith.” – Joseph Murphy
61. “The symptoms of almost any disease can be induced in you by hypnotic suggestion. This shows you the power of your thought.” – Joseph Murphy
62. “The idea you have for a book, new invention, or play is real in your mind. That is why you can believe you have it now. Believe in the reality of your idea, plan, or invention, and as you do it will become manifest.” – Joseph Murphy
63. “Keep your conscious mind busy with the expectation of the best, and your subconscious will faithfully reproduce your habitual thinking.” – Joseph Murphy
64. “The law of action and reaction is universal. Your thought is action, and the reaction is the automatic response of your subconscious mind to your thought. Watch your thoughts!” – Joseph Murphy
65. “Whatever you impress on your subconscious mind is expressed on the screen of space as conditions, experiences, and events. Therefore, you should carefully watch all ideas and thoughts entertained in your conscious mind.” – Joseph Murphy
66. “Your Subconscious has the answer to all problems. If you suggest to your subconscious prior to sleep, “I want to get up at 6 A.M.,” it will awaken you at that exact time.” – Joseph Murphy
67. “Your subconscious mind is the builder of your body and can heal you. Lull yourself to sleep every night with the idea of perfect health, and your subconscious, being your faithful servant, will obey you.” – Joseph Murphy
Did you find these Joseph Murphy Quotes inspiring?
Which Joseph Murphy quote is your favourite? Let me know in the comments and please share this post to help and inspire others.
37 Jennifer Lawrence Quotes About Life & Success
This collection of Jennifer Lawrence quotes about life and success will inspire you to embrace who you are. Jennifer Lawrence...
37 Jennifer Aniston Quotes That Will Empower You
If you’re looking for the best collection of inspirational Jennifer Aniston quotes then look no further. Jennifer Aniston is an...
31 Adam Sandler Quotes On Life & Success
If you’re looking for the best collection of Adam Sandler quotes then look no further. Adam Sandler is an American...
63 Tom Cruise Quotes On Acting, Life & Success
Looking for the best collection of Tom Cruise quotes? Then look no further! Tom Cruise is one of the most...
Top 21 Morpheus Quotes From The Matrix
Looking for the best Morpheus quotes from The Matrix? Then look no further! While some may consider the Matrix to...