Looking for the best Bob Marley quotes? Then look no further!
The legendary singer and writer Bob Marley was considered the pioneer of reggae. His contributions to music not only increased the visibility of Jamaican music globally but also shattered stereotypes selling an estimated 75 million records worldwide.
Born on February 6, 1945, Bob Marley started out with the band The Wailers, in 1963. When The Wailer disbanded Marley pursued a solo career and became an inspirational icon. Marley sent powerful messages through his lyrics and created spiritual experiences whenever he performed on stage.
His life came to a short and unfortunate end at the age of 36 when he died of cancer.
Bob Marley will always be remembered for politically conscious music that transcended race, age, and economics and his powerful words on unity, love and freedom continue to inspire millions to this day.
Below you’ll find the most inspirational Bob Marley quotes about life, love, money and happiness that may change the way you look at life.
Inspirational Bob Marley Quotes
1. “Love the life you live, live the life you love.” – Bob Marley
2. “When the root is strong, the fruit is sweet.” – Bob Marley
3. “Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind.” – Bob Marley
4. “Man is a universe within himself.” – Bob Marley
5. “The greatness of a man is not how much wealth he acquires, but in his ability to affect those around him around him positively.” – Bob Marley
6. “When one door is closed, don’t you know, another is open.” – Bob Marley
7. “Don’t gain the world and lose your soul. Wisdom is better than silver and gold.” – Bob Marley
8. “You not supposed to feel down over whatever happen to you. I mean, you’re supposed to use whatever happen to you as some type of upper, not a downer.” – Bob Marley
9. “As a man sow, shall he reap. and I know that talk is cheap. But the heat of the battle is as sweet as the victory.” – Bob Marley
10. “Every man got the right to decide his own destiny.” – Bob Marley
11. “Better to die fighting for freedom than be a prisoner all the days of your life.” – Bob Marley
12. “Don’t trust people whose feelings change with time. Trust people whose feelings remain the same, even when the time changes.” – Bob Marley
13. “Live for yourself and you will live in vain; live for others, and you will live again.” – Bob Marley
14. “If you’re white and you’re wrong, then you’re wrong; if you’re black and you’re wrong, you’re wrong. People are people. Black, blue, pink, green – God make no rules about color; only society make rules where my people suffer, and that why we must have redemption and redemption now.” – Bob Marley
15. “Me only have one ambition, y’know. I only have one thing I really like to see happen. I like to see mankind live together – black, white, Chinese, everyone – that’s all.” – Bob Marley
16. “My feet is my only carriage.” – Bob Marley
17. “My future is righteousness.” – Bob Marley
18. “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” – Bob Marley
19. “They say: only the fittest of the fittest shall survive, stay alive!” – Bob Marley
20. “Truth is the light, so you never give up the fight.” – Bob Marley
21. “When one door is closed, many more is open.” – Bob Marley
22. “If you get down and quarrel everyday, you’re saying prayers to the devil, I say.” – Bob Marley
23. “I know that I’m not perfect and that I don’t claim to be, so before you point your fingers make sure your hands are clean.” – Bob Marley
24. “In the abundance of water a fool is thirsty.” – Bob Marley
25. “Just because you are happy it does not mean that the day is perfect but that you have looked beyond its imperfections.” – Bob Marley
26. “The day you stop racing is the day you win the race.” – Bob Marley
27. “You ain’t gonna miss you water until your well runs dry.”- Bob Marley
28. “My music will go on forever. Maybe it’s a fool say that, but when me know facts me can say facts. My music will go on forever.” – Bob Marley
29. “Beginnings are usually scary, and endings are usually sad, but its everything in between that makes it all worth living.” – Bob Marley
30. “Don’t worry about a thing, cos every little thing is gonna be alright.” – Bob Marley
31. “Free speech carries with it some freedom to listen.” – Bob Marley
32. “If something can corrupt you, you’re corrupted already.” – Bob Marley
33. “It’s your own conscience that is gonna remind you; that it’s your heart and nobody else’s that is gonna judge.” – Bob Marley
34. “Judge not, before you judge yourself. Judge not, if you’re not ready for judgement.” – Bob Marley
35. “Prejudice is a chain, it can hold you. If you prejudice, you can’t move, you keep prejudice for years. Never get nowhere with that.” – Bob Marley
36. “Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.” – Bob Marley
37. “You can fool some people some times but you cant fool all the people all the time.” – Bob Marley
38. “Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don’t complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don’t bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live!” – Bob Marley
39. “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.” – Bob Marley
40. “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction.” – Bob Marley
41. “Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you’re living?” – Bob Marley
42. “God sent me on earth. He send me to do something, and nobody can stop me. If God want to stop me, then I stop. Man never can.” – Bob Marley
43. “Enjoy life now. This is not a rehearsal.” – Bob Marley
44. “My fear is my only courage.” – Bob Marley
45. “Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don’t give up the fight.” – Bob Marley
46. “Forget how much it hurts and try again.” – Bob Marley
47. “I didn’t change, I just found myself.” – Bob Marley
48. “Never expect God to do for you what you don’t do to others.” – Bob Marley
49. “You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.” – Bob Marley
50. “I went deep inside myself. I had time to explore my beliefs and because of that I’m stronger.” – Bob Marley
51. “Your worst enemy could be your best friend and your best friend your worst enemy.” – Bob Marley
52. “Don’t forget your history nor your destiny.” – Bob Marley
53. “Light up the darkness.” – Bob Marley
54. “The road of life is rocky and you may stumble too. So while you point your fingers someone else is judging you.” – Bob Marley
55. “Never play with people’s minds.” – Bob Marley
56. “Yeah me see myself as a revolutionary.” – Bob Marley
57. “True friends are like stars; you can only recognize them when it’s dark around you.” – Bob Marley
58. “The most beautiful things are not perfect, they are special.” – Bob Marley
59. “God create you to be free. Free up yourself, otherwise you worthless.” – Bob Marley
60. If you don’t go somewhere, you’re gonna go nowhere. – Bob Marley
Quotes About Love
61. “Conquer the devils with a little thing called love.” – Bob Marley
62. “One love, one heart, Let’s get together and feel alright.” – Bob Marley
63. “If she’s amazing, she won’t be easy. If she’s easy, she won’t be amazing. If she’s worth it, you won’t give up. If you give up, you’re not worthy.” – Bob Marley
64. “She may not be the most popular or prettiest but if you love her and she makes you smile… what else matters?” – Bob Marley (this is a great Bob Marley quote about love that really makes you look at things from another perspective.)
65. “The biggest coward of a man is to awaken the love of a woman without the intention of loving her.” – Bob Marley
66. “The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.” – Bob Marley
67. “The winds that sometimes take something we love, are the same that bring us something we learn to love. Therefore we should not cry about something that was taken from us, but, yes, love what we have been given. Because what is really ours is never gone forever.” – Bob Marley (one of the many inspirational Bob Marley quotes about love.)
68. “What’s important is man should live in righteousness, in natural love for mankind.” – Bob Marley
69. “The mind replays what the heart can’t delete.” – Bob Marley
70. “I will never regret you or say I wish I’d never met you, because once upon a time, you were exactly what I needed.” – Bob Marley
71. “If you can love the wrong person that much, imagine how much you can love the right one.” – Bob Marley
72. “Being vulnerable is the only way to allow your heart to feel true pleasure.” – Bob Marley
73. “Love, friendship, laughter… Some of the best things in life really are free.” – Bob Marley
Quotes About Money
74. “Money is numbers and numbers never end. If it takes money to be happy, your search for happiness will never end.” – Bob Marley (one of my favourite Bob Marley quotes about money, whats’s yours?)
75. “Your life is worth much more than gold.” – Bob Marley
76. “Money can’t buy life.” – Bob Marley
77. “Possession make you rich? I don’t have that type of richness. My richness is life, forever.” – Bob Marley
Did you like these quotes by Bob Marley?
What are your favourite Bob Marley quotes? Let me know in the comments and please share this post to help and inspire others.
31 Adam Sandler Quotes On Life & Success
If you’re looking for the best collection of Adam Sandler quotes then look no further. Adam Sandler is an American...
63 Tom Cruise Quotes On Acting, Life & Success
Looking for the best collection of Tom Cruise quotes? Then look no further! Tom Cruise is one of the most...
Top 21 Morpheus Quotes From The Matrix
Looking for the best Morpheus quotes from The Matrix? Then look no further! While some may consider the Matrix to...
127 David Goggins Quotes To Be Successful
Looking for the best collection of David Goggins quotes? Then look no further! David Goggins is a man who was...
101 Brené Brown Quotes On Courage, Vulnerability & Shame
Looking for the best collection of Brené Brown quotes? Then look no further. Brené Brown is a research professor at...