Looking for the best Bill Gates Quotes?
Bill Gates is a man that needs no introduction. The Microsoft co-founder and CEO has been recognised as one of the richest men in the world for over two decades now and has consistently been right at the top.
The Harvard College dropout started Microsoft with Paul Allen back in 1975 and and it didn’t take very long to become the largest software company in the world thanks to a clear, ambitious vision and seizing opportunities.
One of the things that I find most inspiring about Bill Gates is his philanthropy. Through the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation he has given approximately $35 billion to charity already.
While Bill Gates doesn’t really believe in leaving behind a legacy, one could argue that between himself and the late Steve Jobs, they have revolutionised the personal computer industry.
If you were to learn about success from any individual, Gates would certainly be near the top. With that said I hope these Bill Gates quotes inspire you to create success.
49 Bill Gates Quotes
1. “Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose.” – Bill Gates
2. “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” – Bill Gates
3. “Life is not fair; get used to it.” – Bill Gates
4. “As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others.” – Bill Gates
5. “I believe that if you show people the problems and you show them the solutions they will be moved to act.” – Bill Gates
6. “Exposure from a young age to the realities of the world is a super-big thing.” – Bill Gates
7. “What’s amazing is, if young people understood how doing well in school makes the rest of their life so much interesting, they would be more motivated. It’s so far away in time that they can’t appreciate what it means for their whole life.” – Bill Gates
8. “Legacy is a stupid thing! I don’t want a legacy.” – Bill Gates
9. “I spend a lot of time reading.” – Bill Gates
10. “Like my friend Warren Buffett, I feel particularly lucky to do something every day that I love to do. He calls it ‘tap-dancing to work.'” – Bill Gates
11. “The ability of a successful company to add functionality to its product has long been upheld.” – Bill Gates
12. “It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.” – Bill Gates
13. “If you can’t make it good, at least make it look good.” – Bill Gates
14. “Everyone needs a coach. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a basketball player, a tennis player, a gymnast or a bridge player.” – Bill Gates
15. “If I’d had some set idea of a finish line, don’t you think I would have crossed it years ago?” – Bill Gates
16. “For a highly motivated learner, it’s not like knowledge is secret and somehow the Internet made it not secret. It just made knowledge easy to find. If you’re a motivated enough learner, books are pretty good.” – Bill Gates
17. “Expectations are a form of first-class truth: If people believe it, it’s true.” – Bill Gates
18. “We always overestimate the change that will occur in the next two years and underestimate the change that will occur in the next ten. Don’t let yourself be lulled into inaction.” – Bill Gates
19. “Whether it’s Google or Apple or free software, we’ve got some fantastic competitors and it keeps us on our toes.” – Bill Gates
20. “In this business, by the time you realize you’re in trouble, it’s too late to save yourself. Unless you’re running scared all the time, you’re gone.” – Bill Gates
21. “I really had a lot of dreams when I was a kid, and I think a great deal of that grew out of the fact that I had a chance to read a lot.” – Bill Gates
22. “Don’t compare yourself with anyone in this world…if you do so, you are insulting yourself.” – Bill Gates
23. “I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.” – Bill Gates
24. “If you are born poor it’s not your mistake, but if you die poor it’s your mistake.” – Bill Gates
25. “It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.” – Bill Gates
26. “We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.” – Bill Gates
27. “Patience is a key element of success.” – Bill Gates
28. “To win big, you sometimes have to take big risks.” – Bill Gates
29. “Of my mental cycles, I devote maybe 10% to business thinking. Business isn’t that complicated. I wouldn’t want that on my business card.” – Bill Gates
30. “If geek means you’re willing to study things, and if you think science and engineering matter, I plead guilty. If your culture doesn’t like geeks, you are in real trouble.” – Bill Gates
31. “I don’t know’ has become ‘I don’t know yet’.” – Bill Gates
32. “Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your Grandparents had a different word for burger flipping – they called it opportunity.” – Bill Gates
33. “The world won’t care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.” – Bill Gates
34. “I failed in some subjects in exam, but my friend passed in all. Now he is an engineer in Microsoft and I am the owner of Microsoft.” – Bill Gates
35. “Be nice to nerds. Chances are you’ll end up working for one.” – Bill Gates
36. “I can understand wanting to have millions of dollars, there’s a certain freedom, meaningful freedom, that comes with that. ‘But once you get much beyond that, I have to tell you, it’s the same hamburger.” – Bill Gates
37. “I never took a day off in my twenties. Not one.” – Bill Gates
38. “Don’t make the same decision twice. Spend time and thought to make a solid decision the first time so that you don’t revisit the issue unnecessarily.” – Bill Gates
39. “Reward worthy failure–experimentation.” – Bill Gates
40. “We start life with many big dreams–things we want to accomplish, create, build and experience. But if you ask anyone past the age of 40 what happened to all the dreams they had, they will most likely answer; Life.” – Bill Gates
41. “Life has a tendency to just happen. But it happens because we make choices. The life you create and design for yourself is going to accumulate from the choices you make over time. Sure, there are unexpected things that can derail dreams. But we can control where we put our focus, and if we choose to put one dream ahead of another.” – Bill Gates
42. “A bad strategy will fail no matter how good your information is, and lame execution will stymie a good strategy. If you do enough things poorly, you will go out of business.” – Bill Gates
43. “Business people need to shake off the notion that information is hard to get.” – Bill Gates
44. “Only a few businesses will succeed by having the lowest price, so most will need a strategy that includes customer services.” – Bill Gates
45. “A company’s ability to respond to an unplanned event, good or bad, is a prime indicator of its ability to compete.” – Bill Gates
46. “I studied every thing but never topped…But today the toppers of the best universities are my employees.” – Bill Gates
47. “When you have money in hand, only you forget who are you. But when you do not have any money in your hand, the whole world forget who you are. It’s life.” – Bill Gates
48. “Before you were born, your parents weren’t as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you were. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent’s generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.” – Bill Gates
49. “Money has no utility to me beyond a certain point. Its utility is entirely in building an organization and getting the resources out to the poorest in the world.” – Bill Gates
Did you find these Bill Gates Quotes inspiring?
If you liked these Bill Gates quotes then please share this post to help others.
77 Osho Quotes That Will Enlighten You
If you’re looking for the best collection of Osho quotes that are packed full of inspirational wisdom then look no...
43 Inspirational Ryan Serhant Quotes On Success
If you’re looking for the best Ryan Serhant quotes then look no further. Ryan Serhant is an American actor, real...
31 NoFap Benefits That Will Change Your Life
Are NoFap benefits real? Do NoFap superpowers exist? Are they proven or anecdotal? Are the benefits based on scientific evidence...
57 Best The Matrix Quotes That Will Wake You Up
Looking for the best quotes from The Matrix movie? Then look no further. The movie, starring Keanu Reeves as Thomas...
101 Tim Ferriss Quotes That Will Make You Successful
If you’re looking for the best collection of Tim Ferriss quotes then look no further. Tim Ferriss is an American...