Looking for the best Arnold Schwarzenegger quotes? Then check out this collection of quotes by Arnold Schwarzenegger on motivation and success.
Schwarzenegger was born in a small town in Austria in 1947 and achieved great success in bodybuilding by the age of 20 when he became the youngest ever recipient of the Mr. Universe title. It was the first of 5 such titles along with 7 Mr. Olympia titles that propelled him to becoming a bodybuilding icon.
In 1968 Arnold Schwarzenegger emigrated to the United States in search of the American dream with nothing but $20 dollars in his pocket and a few sweaty clothes in a gym bag. It didn’t take him long to succeed in the field of acting either, winning a Golden Globe for New Star of the Year in 1976. Landing the role of the Terminator in 1984 catapulted him into stardom and many more blockbusters followed.
In 2003, Schwarzenegger sought a new challenge in the arena of politics and went on to become the popular Governor of California, serving two terms in office.
If anything Arnold Schwarzenegger’s life show that it doesn’t really matter where you come from. That it’s not your conditions but decisions that shape your destiny and that we can all go after and live the American Dream if we have a vision for our lives.
The motivational Arnold Schwarzenegger quotes below are Arnold’s best advice for the gym and success at anything in life. Read them, get inspired and take action!
67 Arnold Schwarzenegger Quotes
1. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
2. “The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
3. “The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
4. “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
5. “Training gives us an outlet for suppressed energies created by stress and thus tones the spirit just as exercise conditions the body.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
6. “Failure is not an option. Everyone has to succeed.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
7. “Learned helplessness is the giving-up reaction, the quitting response that follows from the belief that whatever you do doesn’t matter.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
8. “Help others and give something back. I guarantee you will discover that while public service improves the lives and the world around you, its greatest reward is the enrichment and new meaning it will bring your own life.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
9. “Just remember, you can’t climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
10. “For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
11. “Start wide, expand further, and never look back.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
12. “The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That’s what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they’ll go through the pain no matter what happens.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
13. “What we face may look insurmountable. But I learned something from all those years of training and competing. I learned something from all those sets and reps when I didn’t think I could lift another ounce of weight. What I learned is that we are always stronger than we know.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
14. “I knew I was a winner back in the late sixties. I knew I was destined for great things. People will say that kind of thinking is totally immodest. I agree. Modesty is not a word that applies to me in any way – I hope it never will.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
15. “Money doesn’t make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
16. “If you work hard and play by the rules, this country is truly open to you. You can achieve anything.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
17. “Just like in bodybuilding, failure is also a necessary experience for growth in our own lives, for if we’re never tested to our limits, how will we know how strong we really are? How will we ever grow?” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
18. “If you want to turn a vision into reality, you have to give 100% and never stop believing in your dream.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
19. “Positive thinking can be contagious. Being surrounded by winners helps you develop into a winner.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
20. “You have to remember something: Everybody pities the weak; jealousy you have to earn.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
21. “It’s not what you get out of life that counts. Break your mirrors! In our society that is so self-absorbed, begin to look less at yourself and more at each other. you’ll get more satisfaction from having improved your neighborhood, your town, your state, your country, and your fellow human beings than you’ll ever get from your muscles, your figure, your automobile, your house, or your credit rating.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
22. “The more knowledge you have, the more you’re free to rely on your instincts.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
23. “Be hungry for success, hungry to make your mark, hungry to be seen and to be heard and to have an effect. And as you move up and become successful, make sure also to be hungry for helping others.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
24. “There are no shortcuts—everything is reps, reps, reps.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
25. “I’m addicted to exercising and I have to do something every day.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
26. “We all have great inner power. The power is self-faith. There’s really an attitude to winning. You have to see yourself winning before you win. And you have to be hungry. You have to want to conquer.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
27. “Stay hungry, stay healthy, be a gentleman, believe strongly in yourself and go beyond limitations.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
28. “Good things don’t happen by coincidence. Every dream carries with it certain risks, especially the risk of failure. But I am not stopped by risks. Supposed a great person takes the risk and fails. Then the person must try again. You cannot fail forever. If you try ten times, you have a better chance of making it on the eleventh try than if you didn’t try at all.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
29. “All I know is that the first step is to create a vision, because when you see the vision – the beautiful vision – that creates the want power.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
30. “If I can see it and believe it, then I can achieve it.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
31. “If you don’t find the time, if you don’t do the work, you don’t get the results.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
32. “Life’s six rules for success. 1. Trust yourself. 2. Break some rules. 3. Don’t be afraid to fail. 4. Ignore the naysayers. 5. Work like hell. 6. Give something back.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
33. “I don’t walk away from things that I think are unfinished.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
34. “Life may be full of pain but that’s not an excuse to give up.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
35. “I never listened to anyone who said I can’t do something.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
36. “You must have a sincere and burning desire to achieve what you dream, dedicate yourself to making progress, and take control of your circumstances to change your body.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
37. “Rest, let your body relax and grow. Work up gradually and don’t blow it. Sometimes you can do so much your mind gets sick of it. Remember what I said earlier: Keep your mind hungry. People have a tendency to overdo things at first and then sluff off.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
38. “Not every legend is a myth, some are flesh and blood. Some legends walk among us, but they aren’t born, they’re built. Legends are made from iron & sweat, mind and muscle, blood and vision and victory. Legends are champions, they grow, they win, they conquer. There’s a legend behind every legacy, there’s a blueprint behind every legend.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
39. “You can have results or excuses. Not both.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
40. “I never went to a competition to compete. I went to win. Even though I didn’t win every time, that was my mindset.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
41. “While you’re out there partying, horsing around, someone out there at the same time is working hard. Someone is getting smarter and someone is winning. Just remember that.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
42. “Don’t listen to the naysayers.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
43. “The mind always fails first, not the body. The secret is to make your mind work for you. Not against you.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
44. “We always have to go beyond limits.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
45. “When you think you can’t, you better convince yourself you can and push harder.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
46. “Believe in yourself.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
47. “I always stay hungry, never satisfied with current accomplishments.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
48. “You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, expect to win.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
49. “Kill them with success and bury them with a smile.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
50. “Dreams are for dreamers. Goals are for achievers.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
51. “Winners are not people who never fail, but people who never quit.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
52. “The pain you feel today will be the strength you feel tomorrow.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
53. “Every morning you have 2 choices: continue to sleep with your dreams or wake up and chase them.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
54. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you’ve imagined.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
55. “Something burned inside me. I wanted to be different; I was determined to be unique. I was driven to think big and to dream big.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
56. “It is impossible to be a maverick or a true original if you’re too well behaved and don’t want to break the rules. You have to think outside the box.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
57. “You can’t be paralyzed by fear of failure or you will never push yourself. You keep pushing because you believe in yourself and in your vision and you know that it is the right thing to do, and success will come. So don’t be afraid to fail.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
58. “I don’t spend much time thinking back. I like to move forward.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
59. “Don’t listen to the naysayers. Make sure that you’re working your butt off. Make sure that you have a very clear vision of where you want to go. Don’t shoot for lower goals – shoot for the stars.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
60. “You’ve got to help others. Don’t just think about yourself. Help others.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
61. “You can have the best ship in the world, but if the captain doesn’t know where to go, he’s going to just drift around and is going to get lost.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
62. “In reality your actions can have lasting consequences.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
63. “I’m a big believer in hard work, grinding it out, and not stopping until it’s done.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
64. “I love it when people say that something can’t be done. That’s when I really get motivated; I like to prove them wrong.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
65. “What is the point of being on this Earth if you are going to be like everyone else.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
66. “My definition of living is to have excitement always; there’s a difference between living and existing.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
67. “If you don’t believe in yourself, then how will anyone else believe in you?” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
Did you find these Arnold Schwarzenegger Quotes inspiring?
If you liked these Arnold Schwarzenegger quotes then please share this post to help inspire others.
31 Adam Sandler Quotes On Life & Success
If you’re looking for the best collection of Adam Sandler quotes then look no further. Adam Sandler is an American...
63 Tom Cruise Quotes On Acting, Life & Success
Looking for the best collection of Tom Cruise quotes? Then look no further! Tom Cruise is one of the most...
Top 21 Morpheus Quotes From The Matrix
Looking for the best Morpheus quotes from The Matrix? Then look no further! While some may consider the Matrix to...
127 David Goggins Quotes To Be Successful
Looking for the best collection of David Goggins quotes? Then look no further! David Goggins is a man who was...
101 Brené Brown Quotes On Courage, Vulnerability & Shame
Looking for the best collection of Brené Brown quotes? Then look no further. Brené Brown is a research professor at...