One of the most influential people in history, Alexander III of Macedon, commonly known as Alexander the Great was a king of the ancient Greek kingdom of Macedon and a member of the Argead dynasty.
During his youth, Alexander was tutored by the philosopher Aristotle until the age of 16 and became king at age 20.
He spent most of his ruling years on an unprecedented military campaign through Asia and northeast Africa, and by the age of thirty he had created one of the largest empires of the ancient world, stretching from Greece to northwestern India.
Undefeated in battle, he achieved legendary status as a classical hero in the mold of Achilles. Widely considered one of history’s most successful military commanders, he became the benchmark against which military leaders compared themselves, and military academies throughout the world still teach his tactics.
As you’ll see from this collection of Alexander The Great quotes, he was a a truly inspirational figure and one that you can learn from too.
Inspirational Alexander The Great Quotes
1. “There is nothing impossible to him who will try.” – Alexander The Great
2. “A tomb now suffices him for whom the whole world was not sufficient.” – Alexander The Great
3. “I would rather live a short life of glory than a long one of obscurity.” – Alexander The Great
4. “I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.” – Alexander The Great
5. “Whatever possession we gain by our sword cannot be sure or lasting, but the love gained by kindness and moderation is certain and durable.” – Alexander The Great
6. “I am indebted to my father for living, but to my teacher for living well.” – Alexander The Great
7. “For my own part, I would rather excel in knowledge of the highest secrets of philosophy than in arms.” – Alexander The Great
8. “You shall, I question not, find a way to the top if you diligently seek for it; for nature hath placed nothing so high that it is out of the reach of industry and valor.” – Alexander The Great
9. “I had rather excel others in the knowledge of what is excellent, than in the extent of my power and dominion.” – Alexander The Great
10. “Remember, upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all.” – Alexander The Great
11. “Through every generation of the human race there has been a constant war, a war with fear. Those who have the courage to conquer it are made free and those who are conquered by it are made to suffer until they have the courage to defeat it, or death takes them.” – Alexander The Great
12. “True love never has a happy ending, because there is no ending to true love.” – Alexander The Great
13. “Without Knowledge, Skill cannot be focused. Without Skill, Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength, Knowledge may not be applied.” – Alexander The Great
14. “Let us conduct ourselves so that all men wish to be our friends and all fear to be our enemies.” – Alexander The Great
15. “Toil and risk are the price of glory, but it is a lovely thing to live with courage and die leaving an everlasting fame.” – Alexander The Great
16. “There is something noble in hearing myself ill spoken of when I am doing well.” – Alexander The Great
17. “With the right attitude, self-imposed limitations vanish.” – Alexander The Great
18. “In the end, when it’s over, all that matters is what you’ve done.” – Alexander The Great
19. “My treasure lies in my friends.” – Alexander The Great
20. “Sex and sleep alone make me conscious that I am mortal.” – Alexander The Great
21. “When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never take back.” – Alexander The Great
Did you find these Alexander The Great Quotes inspiring?
Which Alexander The Great quote is your favourite? Let me know in the comments and please share this post to help and inspire others.
27 Colonel Sanders Quotes That Will Inspire You To Success
If there is one thing these Colonel Sanders quotes will show you it’s that it’s never too late to get...
How Complaining Physically Rewires Your Brain For Negativity, Anxiety & Depression
Did you know that complaining physically rewires your brain for negativity, anxiety, and depression? Everybody complains once in a while...
How To Wake Up Early: 5 AM Morning Secrets
Looking for a foolproof method on how to wake up early? Then make sure you read this entire post and...
47 Niccolo Machiavelli Quotes
If you’re looking for the best Niccolo Machiavelli quotes then look no further. Machiavelli was an Italian diplomat, politician, historian,...
55 Joe Rogan Quotes That Will Motivate You To Success
If you’re looking for the best Joe Rogan quotes then look no further. Joe Rogan is a stand-up comedian, mixed...