Looking for the famous Abraham Lincoln quotes and sayings? I’ve compiled 47 of the best quotes by Abraham Lincoln that are sure to inspire you to success.
Abraham Lincoln was the 16th president of the United States and one of it’s most beloved politicians.
He came from humble beginnings with illiterate parents and went from being a shopkeeper to holding the highest office.
Under his leadership he led his people through the Civil War and fought for equal rights, liberty and democracy. Through those hard and bloody times he was successful in abolishing slavery and made the economy thrive.
Lincoln is also responsible for establishing Thanksgiving as a national holiday.
Abraham Lincoln was a man with many significant achievements and a big heart. I hope you enjoy his most famous success related quotes below.
47 Inspirational Abraham Lincoln Quotes
1. “That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well.” – Abraham Lincoln
2. “My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure.” – Abraham Lincoln
3. “You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.” – Abraham Lincoln
4. “Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” – Abraham Lincoln
5. “Whatever you are, be a good one.” – Abraham Lincoln
6. “Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.” – Abraham Lincoln
7. “In the end it’s not the years in your life that count, it’s the life in your years.” – Abraham Lincoln
8. “I am a slow walker, but I never walk back.” – Abraham Lincoln
9. “Don’t worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition.” – Abraham Lincoln
10. “You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.” – Abraham Lincoln
11. “A house divided against itself cannot stand.” – Abraham Lincoln
12. “When I do good I feel good, when I do bad I feel bad, and that’s my religion.” – Abraham Lincoln
13. “Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.” – Abraham Lincoln
14. “Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?” – Abraham Lincoln
15. “I do the very best I know how – the very best I can; and I mean to keep on doing so until the end.” – Abraham Lincoln
16. “A man watches his pear tree day after day, impatient for the ripening of the fruit. Let him attempt to force the process, and he may spoil both fruit and tree. But let him patiently wait, and the ripe pear at length falls into his lap.” – Abraham Lincoln
17. “I have always found that mercy bears richer fruits than strict justice.” – Abraham Lincoln
18. “I do not think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.” – Abraham Lincoln
19. “What kills a skunk is the publicity it gives itself.” – Abraham Lincoln
20. “We should be too big to take offence and too noble to give it.” – Abraham Lincoln
21. “I don’t know who my grandfather was; I am much more concerned to know what his grandson will be.” – Abraham Lincoln
22. “I don’t like that man. I must get to know him better.” – Abraham Lincoln
23. “Surely God would not have created such a being as man, with an ability to grasp the infinite, to exist only for a day! No, no, man was made for immortality.” – Abraham Lincoln
24. “If we could first know where we are, and whither we are tending, we could then better judge what to do, and how to do it.” – Abraham Lincoln
25. “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.” – Abraham Lincoln
26. “Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.” – Abraham Lincoln
27. “I will prepare and some day my chance will come.” – Abraham Lincoln
28. “The things I want to know are in books; my best friend is the man who’ll get me a book I ain’t read.” – Abraham Lincoln
29. “I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have. I must stand with anybody that stands right, and stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong.” – Abraham Lincoln
30. “A capacity, and taste, for reading gives access to whatever has already been discovered by others.” – Abraham Lincoln
31. “I hold that while man exists, it is his duty to improve not only his own condition, but to assist in ameliorating mankind.” – Abraham Lincoln
32. “I have talked with great men, and I do not see how they differ from others.” – Abraham Lincoln
33. “The way for a young man to rise is to improve himself in every way he can, never suspecting that anybody wishes to hinder him.” – Abraham Lincoln
34. “The best way to predict your future is to create it.” – Abraham Lincoln
35. “Those who look for the bad in people will surely find it.” – Abraham Lincoln
36. “Every man’s happiness is his own responsibility.” – Abraham Lincoln
37. “Get books, sit yourself down anywhere, and go to reading them yourself.” – Abraham Lincoln
38. “All I have learned, I learned from books.” – Abraham Lincoln
39. “You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry.” – Abraham Lincoln
40. “If I am killed, I can die but once; but to live in constant dread of it, is to die over and over again.” – Abraham Lincoln
41. “Let no feeling of discouragement prey upon you, and in the end you are sure to succeed.” – Abraham Lincoln
42. “It often requires more courage to dare to do right than to fear to do wrong.” – Abraham Lincoln
43. “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.” – Abraham Lincoln
44. “You can have anything you want if you want it badly enough. You can be anything you want to be, do anything you set out to accomplish if you hold to that desire with singleness of purpose.” – Abraham Lincoln
45. “To ease another’s heartache is to forget one’s own.” – Abraham Lincoln
46. “The probability that we may fall in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just; it shall not deter me.” – Abraham Lincoln
47. “Leave nothing for tomorrow which can be done today.” – Abraham Lincoln
Did you find these Abraham Lincoln Quotes inspiring?
If you liked these Abraham Lincoln quotes then please share this post to help inspire others.
37 Rosa Parks Quotes To Stand Up For Your Freedom
Looking for the best Rosa Parks quotes? This collection of famous Rosa Parks quotes will help you stand up for...
87 Best George Carlin Quotes On Education, Politics & Life
Looking for the best George Carlin quotes? George Carlin was an American stand-up comedian, actor, social critic and author. He...
101 Marianne Williamson Quotes That Will Enlighten You
Looking for the best Marianne Williamson quotes? Marianne Williamson is an American author, spiritual leader, political candidate and activist. She...
Fear-setting: Why you should define your fears instead of your goals
Fear-setting is an exercise that Tim Ferriss swears by. The bestselling author of The 4 Hour Work Week says he...
Top 5 Lessons Learned After She Read 500 Self-Help Books
If you’re looking for inspiration then these days no one is suffering from a shortage of self-help reading material out...