If you’re looking for the best Wallace D. Wattles quotes and quotes from The Science Of Getting Rich then look no further.
Wallace D. Wattles was an American author and though he was rather obscure his writing is widely quoted and remains in print. His most popular book, The Science Of Getting Rich, was first published in 1910 and still remains a classic to this very day.
I personally think that there are many valuable lessons in the Science Of Getting Rich and the quotes below.
If you like reading and studying things related to the Law Of Attraction then I would definitely recommend you start by reading through the Wallace D. Wattles quotes below. Enjoy!
77 Wallace D. Wattles Quotes
1. “The very best thing you can do for the world is to make the most of yourself.” – Wallace D. Wattles
2. “The grateful mind is constantly fixated upon the best. Therefore it tends to become the best. It takes the form or character from the best, and will receive the best.” – Wallace D. Wattles
3. “You can never become a great man or woman until you have overcome anxiety, worry, and fear. It is impossible for an anxious person, a worried one, or a fearful one to perceive truth; all things are distorted and thrown out of their proper relations by such mental states.” – Wallace D. Wattles
4. “Your first duty to God, to yourself, and to the world is to make yourself as great a personality, in every way, as you possibly can.” – Wallace D. Wattles
5. “You must get rid of the thought of competition. You are to create. Not to compete for what is already created.” – Wallace D. Wattles
6. “The purpose of life for man is growth, just as the purpose of life for trees and plants is growth. Trees and plants grow automatically and along fixed lines; man can grow as he will. Trees and plants can only develop certain possibilities and characteristics; man can develop any power which is or has been shown by any person anywhere.” – Wallace D. Wattles
7. “Nothing that is possible in spirit is impossible in flesh and blood. Nothing that man can think is impossible. Nothing that man can imagine is impossible of realization.” – Wallace D. Wattles
8. “By thought, the thing you want is brought to you. By action, you receive it.” – Wallace D. Wattles
9. “There is no such thing as lack of opportunities for the man who is living the advancing life, and who has an advancing mind.” – Wallace D. Wattles
10. “Thought is the only power which can produce tangible riches from the formless substance.” – Wallace D. Wattles
11. “You can become what you want to be.” – Wallace D. Wattles
12. “Begin to do small things in a great way. You must put the whole power of your great soul into every act.” – Wallace D. Wattles
13. “Greatness is attained only by thinking of great thoughts.” – Wallace D. Wattles
14. “The more gratefully we fix our minds on the supreme when good things come to us. The more good things we will receive.” – Wallace D. Wattles
15. “While you rest, do not think of your present weakness; think of the strength that is coming.” – Wallace D. Wattles
16. “The daily practice of gratitude is one of the conduits by which your wealth will come to you.” – Wallace D. Wattles
17. “Read only the most optimistic comments on the world’s news; those in harmony with your picture.” – Wallace D. Wattles
18. “Give every man more in use value than you take from him in cash value: then you are adding to the life of the world by every business transaction.” – Wallace D. Wattles
19. “Talk about the happy times you had in your youth, and forget all the unhappy times.” – Wallace D. Wattles
20. “Do all that you can do in a perfect manner every day, but do it without haste, worry or fear. Go as fast as you can, but never hurry.” – Wallace D. Wattles
21. “All you need is to know what you want, and to want it badly enough so that it will stay in your thoughts.” – Wallace D. Wattles
22. “An ounce of doing things is worth a pound of theorizing.” – Wallace D. Wattles
23. “See just what you want, and get a clear mental picture of it, as you wish it to look when you get it.” – Wallace D. Wattles
24. “You must eliminate from your thoughts all doubt and uncertainty that you will get well; that you will succeed; that you will gain your point and get what you want. You may have some uncertainty as to methods, but you must have none as to ultimate results. You may not feel certain that you will succeed today, or next week, but you must feel certain that you will succeed sometime.” – Wallace D. Wattles
25. “If you want to help the poor, demonstrate to them that they can become rich; prove it by getting rich yourself.” – Wallace D. Wattles
26. “The man who is wise enough to know the right thing to do, who is good enough to wish to do only the right thing, and who is able and strong enough to do the right thing is a truly great man.” – Wallace D. Wattles
27. “There is abundance of opportunity for the man who will go with the tide, instead of trying to swim against it.” – Wallace D. Wattles
28. “There is a genius in every man and woman, waiting to be brought forth.” – Wallace D. Wattles
29. “Go on in the certain way, and if you do not receive that thing, you will receive something so much better that you will see that the seeming failure was really a great success.” – Wallace D. Wattles
30. “No man is born incapable of growth.” – Wallace D. Wattles
31. “The distinguishing characteristic of all really great men and women is an unwavering faith.” – Wallace D. Wattles
32. “The Principle of Power gives us just what we ask of it; if we only undertake little things, it only gives us power for little things; but if we try to do great things in a great way it gives us all the power there is.” – Wallace D. Wattles
33. “God gives you all there is; your only question is how much to take of the unlimited supply.” – Wallace D. Wattles
34. “Every man has the natural and inherent power to think what he wants to think, but it requires far more effort to do so than it does to think the thoughts which are suggested by appearances. To think according to appearance is easy; to think truth regardless of appearances is laborious, and requires the expenditure of more power than any other work man is called upon to perform.” – Wallace D. Wattles
35. “A man’s way of doing things is the direct result of the way he thinks about things.” – Wallace D. Wattles
36. “Guard your speech. Never speak of yourself, your affairs, or of anything else in a discouraged or discouraging way.” – Wallace D. Wattles
37. “The proper use of the mind of man will build a brain capable of doing what the mind wants to do. The brain does not make the man; the man makes the brain.” – Wallace D. Wattles
38. “There is nothing wrong in wanting to get rich. The desire for riches is really the desire for a richer, fuller, and more abundant life, and that desire is praiseworthy.” – Wallace D. Wattles
39. “Spend most of your leisure time in contemplating your vision.” – Wallace D. Wattles
40. “There is never any time but now, and there never will be any time but now. If you are ever to begin to make ready for the reception of what you want, you must begin NOW.” – Wallace D. Wattles
41. “it is certain that you can do what you want to do; the desire to do it is proof that you have within you the power which can do it. Desire is a manifestation of power.” – Wallace D. Wattles
42. “Man was formed for growth, and all things external were designed to promote his growth.” – Wallace D. Wattles
43. “Do, every day, all that can be done that day.” – Wallace D. Wattles
44. “Nature is an inexhaustible storehouse of riches; the supply will never run short.” – Wallace D. Wattles
45. “To think what you want to think is to think TRUTH, regardless of appearances.” – Wallace D. Wattles
46. “There is no labor from which most people shrink as they do from that of sustained and consecutive thought; it is the hardest work in the world.” – Wallace D. Wattles
47. “The universe desires you to have everything you want to have.” – Wallace D. Wattles
48. “You must never think for a moment that the supply is limited.” – Wallace D. Wattles
49. “To permit your mind to dwell upon the inferior is to become inferior and to surround yourself with inferior things.” – Wallace D. Wattles
50. “To fix your attention on the best is to surround yourself with the best, and to become the best.” – Wallace D. Wattles
51. “If you have not consciously made the decision to be rich, excellent, and healthy, then you have unconsciously made the decision to be poor, mediocre, and unhealthy.” – Wallace D. Wattles
52. “Nothing can go wrong in this world but yourself; and you can go wrong only by getting into the wrong mental attitude.” – Wallace D. Wattles
53. “Whatever you habitually think yourself to be, that you are. You must form, now, a greater and better habit; you must form a conception of yourself as a being of limitless power, and habitually think that you are that being. It is the habitual, not the periodical thought that decides your destiny.” – Wallace D. Wattles
54. “You already have within you everything you need to turn your dreams into reality.” – Wallace D. Wattles
55. “Act now. There is never any time but now, and there never will be any time but now.” – Wallace D. Wattles
56. “To become convinced that you can succeed is the first requisite to success.” – Wallace D. Wattles
57. “Close your ears to all adverse suggestions. Never mind if people call you a fool and a dreamer. Dream on.” – Wallace D. Wattles
58. “You are a god in the company of gods and must conduct yourself accordingly.” – Wallace D. Wattles
59. “Do not wait for a change of environment before you act; get a change of environment by action.” – Wallace D. Wattles
60. “Read less and think more. Read about great things and think about great questions and issues.” – Wallace D. Wattles
61. “Never look at the visible supply; always look at the limitless riches in the formless substance and know that they are coming to you as fast as you can receive and use them.” – Wallace D. Wattles
62. “The exercise of gratitude will never fail to strengthen your faith and renew your purpose.” – Wallace D. Wattles
63. “A thought-form held in thinking substance is a reality; it is a real thing, whether it has yet become visible to mortal eye or not.” – Wallace D. Wattles
64. “Do not let other people decide what you are to be. Be what you feel you want to be.” – Wallace D. Wattles
65. “Do not merely think that you are great; think that you are great now. Do not think that you will begin to act in a great way at some future time; begin now.” – Wallace D. Wattles
66. “Do not wait for an opportunity to be all that you want to be; when an opportunity to be more than you are now is presented and you feel impelled toward it, take it. It will be the first step toward a greater opportunity.” – Wallace D. Wattles
67. “In daily life we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful, but gratefulness that makes us happy. It is necessary, then, to cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.” – Wallace D. Wattles
68. “If you will make the necessary effort you can develop any talent.” – Wallace D. Wattles
69. “A person can form things in his thought, and, by impressing his thought upon formless substance, can cause the thing he thinks about to be created.” – Wallace D. Wattles
70. “When you make a failure, it is because you have not asked for enough, keep on, and a larger thing then you were seeking will certainly come to you. Remember this.” – Wallace D. Wattles
71. “In order to get what you want, you must act.” – Wallace D. Wattles
72. “The more clear and definite you make your picture then,and the more you dwell upon it, bringing out all its delightful details, the stronger your desire will be, and the stronger your desire, the easier it will be to hold your mind fixed upon the picture of what you want.” – Wallace D. Wattles
73. “There is no possibility in any man that is not in every man.” – Wallace D. Wattles
74. “Do not believe that any one can know, better than yourself, what is right for you. Listen to what others have to say, but always form your own conclusions.” – Wallace D. Wattles
75. “When you are in doubt, wait. Fall back on the contemplation of your vision, and increase your faith and purpose. And by all means, in times of doubt and indecision, cultivate gratitude.” – Wallace D. Wattles
76. “When others are having hard times and poor business, you will find your greatest opportunities.” – Wallace D. Wattles
77. “There is a Law of Gratitude, and it is absolutely necessary that you should observe the law, if you are to get the results you seek.” – Wallace D. Wattles
Summary of the Science of Getting Rich
“There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe. A thought in this substance produces the thing that is imaged by the thought. Man can form things in his thought, and by impressing his thought upon formless substance can cause the thing he thinks about to be created. In order to do this, man must pass from the competitive to the creative mind; otherwise he cannot be in harmony with the Formless Intelligence, which is always creative and never competitive in spirit. Man may come into full harmony with the Formless Substance by entertaining a lively and sincere gratitude for the blessings it bestows upon him.
Gratitude unifies the mind of man with the intelligence of Substance, so that man’s thoughts are received by the Formless. Man can remain upon the creative plane only by uniting himself with the Formless Intelligence through a deep and continuous feeling of gratitude.
Man must form a clear and definite mental image of the things he wishes to have, to do, or to become; and he must hold this mental image in his thoughts, while being deeply grateful to the Supreme that all his desires are granted to him. The man who wishes to get rich must spend his leisure hours in contemplating his Vision, and in earnest thanksgiving that the reality is being given to him. Too much stress cannot be laid on the importance of frequent contemplation of the mental image, coupled with unwavering faith and devout gratitude. This is the process by which the impression is given to the Formless, and the creative forces set in motion. The creative energy works through the established channels of natural growth, and of the industrial and social order. All that is included in his mental image will surely be brought to the man who follows the instructions given above, and whose faith does not waver.
What he wants will come to him through the ways of established trade and commerce. In order to receive his own when it shall come to him, man must be active; and this activity can only consist in more than filling his present place. He must keep in mind the Purpose to get rich through the realization of his mental image. And he must do, every day, all that can be done that day, taking care to do each act in a successful manner. He must give to every man a use value in excess of the cash value he receives, so that each transaction makes for more life; and he must so hold the Advancing Thought that the impression of increase will be communicated to all with whom he comes in contact.
The men and women who practice the foregoing instructions will certainly get rich; and the riches they receive will be in exact proportion to the definiteness of their vision, the fixity of their purpose, the steadiness of their faith, and the depth of their gratitude.”
Did you find these Wallace D. Wattles Quotes inspiring?
If you liked these Wallace D. Wattles quotes then please share this post to help inspire others.
77 Frank Zappa Quotes On Life, Government & Music
Looking for the best collection of Frank Zappa quotes? Then look no further. Frank Zappa was an American musician, composer,...
101 Vince Lombardi Quotes To Win The Game Of Life
This collection of famous Vince Lombardi quotes is packed with wisdom from one of the greatest coaches and leaders in...
78 Abraham Maslow Quotes To Max Out Your Potential
If you’re looking to make the most of you potential then this collection of Abraham Maslow quotes will inspire and...
37 Rosa Parks Quotes To Stand Up For Your Freedom
Looking for the best Rosa Parks quotes? This collection of famous Rosa Parks quotes will help you stand up for...
87 Best George Carlin Quotes On Education, Politics & Life
Looking for the best George Carlin quotes? George Carlin was an American stand-up comedian, actor, social critic and author. He...