Thomas Edison was one of the most influential inventors and businessmen in history.
There is very little that you use today that doesn’t somehow go back to Thomas Edison.
Edison’s 1,093 U.S. Patents and 2,332 patents worldwide are responsible for every item that uses electricity as well as the concrete in commercial buildings. He created the motion picture industry, the recording industry, the X-ray machine, and he even created the tattoo pen.
A lot of people regard Thomas Edison as one of the greatest inventors in history but they fail to see that he was also one of the best businessmen too. He created numerous companies and was a marketing genius. In today’s dollars he would have amassed $200 million.
The first thing people probably think when thinking of Thomas Edison is the 10,000 failed attempts at inventing the light bulb because its extremely inspirational that he never gave up.
So below I’ve put together 57 Thomas Edison Quotes that I hope will inspire you to never give up on creating your success.
57 Thomas Edison Quotes
1. “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” – Thomas Edison
2. “Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration.” – Thomas Edison
3. “I never did a day’s work in my life. It was all fun.” – Thomas Edison
4. “The value of an idea lies in the using of it.” – Thomas Edison
5. “Your worth consists in what you are and not in what you have.” – Thomas Edison
6. “If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves.” – Thomas Edison
7. “I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward.” – Thomas Edison
8. “The three great essentials to achieve anything worth while are: Hard work, Stick-to-itiveness, and Common sense.” – Thomas Edison
9. “To have a great idea, have a lot of them.” – Thomas Edison
10. “I never did anything by accident, nor did any of my inventions come by accident; they came by work.” – Thomas Edison
11. “What you are will show in what you do.” – Thomas Edison
12. “Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits.” – Thomas Edison
13. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas Edison
14. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas Edison
15. “Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless.” – Thomas Edison
16. “Show me a thoroughly satisfied man and I will show you a failure.” – Thomas Edison
17. “What a man’s mind can create, man’s character can control.” – Thomas Edison
18. “Nearly every man who develops an idea works it up to the point where it looks impossible, and then he gets discouraged. That’s not the place to become discouraged.” – Thomas Edison
19. “I find my greatest pleasure, and so my reward, in the work that precedes what the world calls success.” – Thomas Edison
20. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas Edison
21. “There is no substitute for hard work.” – Thomas Edison
22. “I know this world is ruled by infinite intelligence. Everything that surrounds us – everything that exists – proves that there are infinite laws behind it. There can be no denying this fact. It is mathematical in its precision.” – Thomas Edison
23. “When I have fully decided that a result is worth getting I go ahead of it and make trial after trial until it comes.” – Thomas Edison
24. “Being busy does not always mean real work. The object of all work is production or accomplishment and to either of these ends there must be forethought, system, planning, intelligence, and honest purpose, as well as perspiration. Seeming to do is not doing.” – Thomas Edison
25. “Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results. I know several thousand things that won’t work.” – Thomas Edison
26. “There is far more opportunity than there is ability.” – Thomas Edison
27. “Never get discouraged if you fail. Learn from it. Keep trying.” – Thomas Edison
28. “Not everything of value in life comes from books – experience the world.” – Thomas Edison
29. “When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven’t.” – Thomas Edison
30. “There’s a way to do it better – Find it.” – Thomas Edison
31. “I failed my way to success.” – Thomas Edison
32. “Tomorrow is my exam but I don’t care because a single sheet of paper can’t decide my future.” – Thomas Edison
33. “I’ve never made a mistake. I’ve only learned from experience.” – Thomas Edison
34. “You can’t realise your dreams unless you have one to begin with.” – Thomas Edison
35. “Time is really the only capital that any human being has, and the only thing he can’t afford to lose.” – Thomas Edison
36. “Vision without execution is hallucination.” – Thomas Edison
37. “Through all the years of experimenting and research, I never once made a discovery. I start where the last man left off…All my work was deductive, and the results I achieved were those of invention pure and simple.” – Thomas Edison
38. “I owe my success to the fact that I never had a clock in my workroom.” – Thomas Edison
39. “I readily absorb ideas from every source, frequently starting where the last person left off.” – Thomas Edison
40. “The first requisite for success is to develop the ability to focus and apply your mental and physical energies to the problem at hand – without growing weary. Because such thinking is often difficult, there seems to be no limit to which some people will go to avoid the effort and labor that is associated with it…” – Thomas Edison
41. “Inspiration can be found in a pile of junk. Sometimes, you can put it together with a good imagination and invent something.” – Thomas Edison
42. “I have far more respect for the person with a single idea who gets there than for the person with a thousand ideas who does nothing…” – Thomas Edison
43. “Pretty much everything will come to him who hustles while he waits. I believe that restlessness is discontent, and discontent is merely the first necessity of progress. Show me a thoroughly satisfied man and I will show you a failure.” – Thomas Edison
44. “As a cure for worrying, work is far better than whiskey. I always found that, if I began to worry, the best thing I could do was focus upon doing something useful and then work very hard at it. Soon, I would forget what was troubling me.” – Thomas Edison
45. “Barring serious accidents, if you are not preoccupied with worry and you work hard, you can look forward to a reasonably lengthy existence…Its not the hard work that kills, its the worrying that kills.” – Thomas Edison
46. “The thing I lose patience with the most is the clock. Its hands move too fast.” – Thomas Edison
47. “From his neck down a man is worth a couple of dollars a day, from his neck up he is worth anything that his brain can produce.” – Thomas Edison
48. “The world owes nothing to any man, but every man owes something to the world.” – Thomas Edison
49. “Success is based on imagination plus ambition and the will to work.” – Thomas Edison
50. “Success depends on how many experiments you can fit into 24 hours.” – Thomas Edison
51. “Five percent of the people think; ten percent of the people think they think; and the other eighty-five percent would rather die than think.” – Thomas Edison
52. “Genius? Nothing! Sticking to it is the genius! Any other bright-minded fellow can accomplish just as much if he will stick like hell and remember nothing that’s any good works by itself. You’ve got to make the damn thing work!…I failed my way to success.” – Thomas Edison
53. “Negative results are just what I want. They’re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don’t.” – Thomas Edison
54. “I am 67, but I’m not too old to make a fresh start.” – Thomas Edison
55. “Continued innovation is the best way to beat the competition.” – Thomas Edison
56. “Good fortune often happens when opportunity meets with preparation.” – Thomas Edison
57. “Hell, there are no rules here – we’re trying to accomplish something.” – Thomas Edison
Did you find these Thomas Edison Quotes inspiring?
If you liked these Thomas Edison quotes then please share this post to help inspire others.
77 Frank Zappa Quotes On Life, Government & Music
Looking for the best collection of Frank Zappa quotes? Then look no further. Frank Zappa was an American musician, composer,...
101 Vince Lombardi Quotes To Win The Game Of Life
This collection of famous Vince Lombardi quotes is packed with wisdom from one of the greatest coaches and leaders in...
78 Abraham Maslow Quotes To Max Out Your Potential
If you’re looking to make the most of you potential then this collection of Abraham Maslow quotes will inspire and...
37 Rosa Parks Quotes To Stand Up For Your Freedom
Looking for the best Rosa Parks quotes? This collection of famous Rosa Parks quotes will help you stand up for...
87 Best George Carlin Quotes On Education, Politics & Life
Looking for the best George Carlin quotes? George Carlin was an American stand-up comedian, actor, social critic and author. He...