If you’re looking for the best collection of Biggie Smalls quotes then look no further. These quotes by The Notorious B.I.G are the most inspirational from the rap legend.
Christopher Wallace, professionally known as The Notorious B.I.G., Biggie Smalls or Biggie was widely regarded as the greatest rappers of all time.
Born and raised in the Brooklyn borough of New York City, Biggie Smalls had a difficult childhood. His father left when he was 2 years old and his mother worked two jobs to make ends meet. While the young Biggie Smalls excelled in English at school, he turned to drug dealing at the age of 12. He began rapping in his teenage years and would often entertain people on the streets.
While always a good student, at age 17, Biggie dropped out of school and became more involved in crime. While not his first time being arrested, in 1991, he was arrested in North Carolina for dealing crack cocaine. He spent nine months in jail before making bail.
The Notorious B.I.G was discovered and signed by Sean P. Diddy Combs to Bad Boy Records in 1993. He quickly gained prominence for his loose and easy-flow coupled with his storytelling abilities, which focused on crime and the hardship he faced growing up.
The Notorious B.I.G. became a central figure in putting the East Coast hip hop scene on the map in a time where West Coast hip hop dominated the genre.
In 1996, while recording his second album, The Notorious B.I.G. was heavily involved in the growing East Coast–West Coast hip hop feud. Following Tupac Shakur’s death by a drive-by shooting in Las Vegas, Nevada, on September 7, 1996, rumors of his involvement with Shakur’s murder spread. On March 9, 1997, The Notorious B.I.G. was murdered by an unknown assailant in a drive-by shooting in Los Angeles.
The Notorious B.I.G. sold over 28 million records in the United States in such a short career. Rolling Stone has referred to him as the “greatest rapper that ever lived” and Billboard named him as the greatest rapper of all time. There is no doubting his legacy will live forever in the hearts of hip hop fans worldwide.
Below you’ll find the most inspirational Biggie Smalls quotes on life and success.
The Best Notorious B.I.G. Quotes & Lyrics
1. “We can’t change the world unless we change ourselves.” – Biggie Smalls
2. “As I leave my competition respirator style, climb the ladder to success escalator style.” – Biggie Smalls
3. “Learn to treat life to the best, put stress to rest.” – Biggie Smalls
4. “You know very well who you are, don’t let ’em hold you down, reach for the stars.” – Biggie Smalls
5. “Take a better stand. Put money in my mom’s hand. Get my daughter this college plan, so she don’t need no man.” – Biggie Smalls
6. “This rule is so underrated: Keep your family and business completely separated.” – Biggie Smalls
7. “Keep trying. Persistence and consistency is the best thing. As long as you keeping it real, and you keep trying, keep banging that wall and it will fall.” – Biggie Smalls
8. “I don’t chase them, I replace them.” – Biggie Smalls
9. “Whatever you’re going to do, just do it for a reason. You know what I’m saying. Don’t be a fool and just sit back and do it because somebody else is doing it.” – Biggie Smalls
10. “If you got a little something you know how to do, progress at it, keep trying, you know God knows what could happen.” – Biggie Smalls
11. “The mo’ money you make, the mo’ problems you get.” – Biggie Smalls
12. “I’m living everyday like a hustle, another drug to juggle. Another day, another struggle.” – Biggie Smalls
13. “Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirsty.” – Biggie Smalls
14. “Damn right I like the life I live, because I went from negative to positive.” – Biggie Smalls
15. “Never let them know your next move.” – Biggie Smalls
16. “If you don’t love yourself, I’ll make you see your own heart.” – Biggie Smalls
17. “I grew up a f***ing screw up, got introduced to the game, got a ounce and f***ing blew up.” – Biggie Smalls
18. “Super Nintendo Sega Genesis, when I was dead broke, man I couldn’t picture this.” – Biggie Smalls
19. “Stay far from timid, only make moves when your heart’s in it, and live the phrase ‘sky’s the limit.’” – Biggie Smalls
20. “I would never wish death on nobody, ’cause there ain’t no coming back from that.” – Biggie Smalls
21. “Never get high on your own supply.” – Biggie Smalls
22. “I spit phrases that’ll thrill you, your nobody ’till someone kills you.” – Biggie Smalls
23. “Excellence is my presence, never tense, never hesitant.” – Biggie Smalls
24. “If you feel like it’s something you don’t have to do, you really have to question it.” – Biggie Smalls
25. “If you hear something about somebody, don’t be so quick to be like, I don’t like him. Try to find out what’s going on.”- Biggie Smalls
26. “My real life helped me sell a lot of records.” – Biggie Smalls
27. “You gotta mature, you know.” – Biggie Smalls
28. “If the game shakes me or breaks me, I hope it makes me a better man.” – Biggie Smalls
29. “I’m a nice guy, but the fear keeps everybody on their toes. People sometimes mistake sweetness for weakness.” – Biggie Smalls
30. “We ain’t trying to fail in this game. We trying to succeed.” – Biggie Smalls
31. “I found something I was good at, I’m just trying to flip it, keep it going. I ain’t trying to slack at all.” – Biggie Smalls
32. “And everything you get, ya gotta work hard for it.” – Biggie Smalls
33. “Never let no one know how much dough you hold.” – Biggie Smalls
34. “It’s like the more money we come across the more problems we see.” – Biggie Smalls
35. “Never lose, never choose to.” – Biggie Smalls
36. “I’m trying to get other niggas off the streets.” – Biggie Smalls
37. “To all the teachers that told me I’d never amount to nothing.” – Biggie Smalls
38. “Considered a fool ’cause I dropped out of high school. Stereotypes of a black male misunderstood.” – Biggie Smalls
39. “Every true hustler knows that you cannot hustle forever. You will go to jail eventually.” – Biggie Smalls
40. “I can’t never stop nobody, can’t knock nobody hustle.” – Biggie Smalls
41. “Who wants to be a shadow for the rest of their life?” – Biggie Smalls
42. “You never want anyone to know everything about you. It makes you too easy to classify.” – Biggie Smalls
43. “While your guns raisin’, mine is blazin’.” – Biggie Smalls
44. “I gotta stay on a positive vibe. All my peoples gotta stay on a positive vibe, you know? The negativity just brings failure.” – Biggie Smalls
45. “I hold grudges, but I can’t hate nobody; that’s not my nature.” – Biggie Smalls
46. “Sky is the limit and you know that you keep on,
Just keep on pressin on.
Sky is the limit and you know that you can have
what you want, be what you want.” – Biggie Smalls
47. “If I wasn’t in the rap game,
I’d probably have a key knee-deep in the crack game.
Because the streets is a short stop:
Either you’re slinging crack rock or you got a wicked jump shot.” – Biggie Smalls
Did you like these inspirational Biggie Smalls quotes?
What are your favorite Biggie Smalls quotes and lyrics? Let me know in the comments below and please share this post.