If you’re looking for the best Pablo Picasso quotes on art, creativity, life and love then you’re at the right place.
Pablo Picasso was a Spanish painter, sculptor, printmaker, ceramicist, stage designer, poet and playwright.
Picasso is regarded as one of the most influential artists of the 20th century. He is known for co-founding the Cubist movement, the invention of constructed sculpture, the co-invention of collage, and the wide variety of styles that he helped develop and explore.
Picasso showed exceptional artistic talent in his younger years and remained prolific throughout his long life.
He achieved immense fame and fortune for his revolutionary artistic accomplishments and became one of the best-known figures of the 20th-century.
I’ve compiled 55 of the most inspirational Pablo Picasso quotes that I hope will fuel your creativity.
55 Best Pablo Picasso Quotes
1. “Action is the foundational key to all success.” – Pablo Picasso
2. “Everything you can imagine is real.” – Pablo Picasso
3. “Youth has no age.” – Pablo Picasso
4. “Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.” – Pablo Picasso
5. “Everything is a miracle. It is a miracle that one does not dissolve in one’s bath like a lump of sugar.” – Pablo Picasso
6. “The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls.” – Pablo Picasso
7. “All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.” – Pablo Picasso
8. “My mother said to me, ‘If you are a soldier, you will become a general. If you are a monk, you will become the Pope.’ Instead, I was a painter, and became Picasso.” – Pablo Picasso
9. “It takes a long time to become young.” – Pablo Picasso
10. “Others have seen what is and asked why. I have seen what could be and asked why not.” – Pablo Picasso
11. “Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone.” – Pablo Picasso
12. “Bad artists copy. Good artists steal.” – Pablo Picasso
13. “I do not seek. I find.” – Pablo Picasso
14. “An idea is a point of departure and no more. As soon as you elaborate it, it becomes transformed by thought.” – Pablo Picasso
15. “He can who thinks he can, and he can’t who thinks he can’t. This is an inexorable, indisputable law.” – Pablo Picasso
16. “I don’t believe in accidents. There are only encounters in history. There are no accidents.” – Pablo Picasso
17. “Painting is a blind man’s profession. He paints not what he sees, but what he feels, what he tells himself about what he has seen.” – Pablo Picasso
18. “What one does is what counts and not what one had the intention of doing.” – Pablo Picasso
19. “I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.” – Pablo Picasso
20. “The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.” – Pablo Picasso
21. “I paint objects as I think them, not as I see them.” – Pablo Picasso
22. “There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality.” – Pablo Picasso
23. “To copy others is necessary, but to copy oneself is pathetic.” – Pablo Picasso
24. “Accidents, try to change them – it’s impossible. The accidental reveals man.” – Pablo Picasso
25. “One must act in painting as in life, directly.” – Pablo Picasso
26. “The people who make art their business are mostly imposters.” – Pablo Picasso
27. “Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success.” – Pablo Picasso
28. “Unless your work gives you trouble, it is no good.” – Pablo Picasso
29. “Every act of creation is first an act of destruction.” – Pablo Picasso
30. “Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working.” – Pablo Picasso
31. “The chief enemy of creativity is ‘good’ sense.” – Pablo Picasso
32. “Art is the elimination of the unnecessary.” – Pablo Picasso
33. “Are we to paint what’s on the face, what’s inside the face, or what’s behind it?” – Pablo Picasso
34. “We don’t grow older, we grow riper.” – Pablo Picasso
35. “Who sees the human face correctly: the photographer, the mirror, or the painter?” – Pablo Picasso
36. “I’d like to live as a poor man with lots of money.” – Pablo Picasso
37. “It is your work in life that is the ultimate seduction.” – Pablo Picasso
38. “Every positive value has its price in negative terms… the genius of Einstein leads to Hiroshima.” – Pablo Picasso
39. “Success is dangerous. One begins to copy oneself, and to copy oneself is more dangerous than to copy others. It leads to sterility.” – Pablo Picasso
40. “The first half of life is learning to be an adult-the second half is learning to be a child.” – Pablo Picasso
41. “Without great solitude no serious work is possible.” – Pablo Picasso
42. “It is a well-known fact that we see the faults in other’s works more readily than we do in our own.” – Pablo Picasso
43. “It is important to remember that great things have no fear of time. We’ve got to let go of the idea that what we want to manifest has to be done on our time schedule.” – Pablo Picasso
44. “Don’t waste your youth growing up.” – Pablo Picasso
45. “When it comes right down to it, all you have is your self. Your Self is a sun with a thousand rays.” – Pablo Picasso
46. “Manifesting takes place from Spirit. It doesn’t take place from form, from the physical world. You’ve got to know that what you want to manifest will occur.” – Pablo Picasso
47. “When I work I relax; doing nothing or entertaining visitors makes me tired.” – Pablo Picasso
48. “People who read are people who dream.” – Pablo Picasso
49. “There are more copies than originals among people.” – Pablo Picasso
50. “There is only one way to see things, until someone shows us how to look at them with different eyes.” – Pablo Picasso
51. “Art is not the application of a canon of beauty but what the instinct and the brain can conceive beyond any canon. When we love a woman we don’t start measuring her limbs.” – Pablo Picasso
52. “The artist is a receptacle for emotions that come from all over the place: from the sky, from the earth, from a scrap of paper, from a passing shape, from a spider’s web.” – Pablo Picasso
53. “There are only two types of women – goddesses and doormats.” – Pablo Picasso
54. “Love is the greatest refreshment in life.” – Pablo Picasso
55. “To make oneself hated is more difficult than to make oneself loved.” – Pablo Picasso
Did you find these quotes by Pablo Picasso inspiring?
What are your favourite Pablo Picasso quotes? Let me know in the comments and please share this post to help and inspire others.
57 Dr. Bruce Lipton Quotes On The Biology Of Belief
If you’re looking for the best collection of Dr. Bruce Lipton quotes then look no further. Dr. Bruce Lipton is...
101 Dr. Joe Dispenza Quotes To Be Successful
If you’re looking for the best collection of Dr. Joe Dispenza quotes then look no further. Dr. Joe Dispenza is...
60 Tom Bilyeu Quotes That Will Change Your Life
Looking for the best Tom Bilyeu quotes? Then look no further. Tom Bilyeu is best known for being the co-founder...
95 Greatest Tupac Quotes & Lyrics Of All Time
If you’re looking for the best collection of inspirational Tupac Shakur quotes and lyrics then you’ve come to the right...
47 Inspirational Biggie Smalls Quotes & Lyrics
If you’re looking for the best collection of Biggie Smalls quotes then look no further. These quotes by The Notorious...