Looking for the best Les Brown quotes?
As a motivational speaker, author and politician, Les Brown has risen to international prominence and has achieved an amazing level of success in his life.
What makes Les Brown’s success even more eye opening though is his life story. A story that would have made that success look impossible.
Les Brown had a troubled childhood. He was born in an abandoned building along with his twin brother Wesley in a low income area of Miami. His mother gave them both up and he was adopted by a 38 year old cafeteria attendant.
At the age of 5 years old he labelled as educable mentally retarded (EMR), held back a grade and also referred to as the “dumb twin” by some of his teachers.
After 16 difficult years Les Brown’s life would finally change when a high school teacher would tell him something that would change the course of his life. He told the teacher, “Sorry I can’t do that. I’m educable mentally retarded.” The teacher got up from his desk and said, “Someone’s opinion of you does not have to become your reality.”
While the course of his life changed in that moment his still went through considerable struggles for years, both financially and professionally. But Les had an unquenchable desire to succeed and he finally got an opportunity to be a local radio DJ. Once the world heard his voice and his message his success was exponential.
Les Brown’s story shows that if you have the desire then you can achieve anything in your life. Below I’ve put together 77 of the most motivational Les Brown quotes to inspire you to achieve your dreams.
77 Les Brown Quotes
1. “Goals help you channel your energy into action.” – Les Brown
2. “Life has no limitations, except the ones you make.” – Les Brown
3. “Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.” – Les Brown
4. “Shoot for the moon and if you miss you will still be among the stars.” – Les Brown
5. “Someone’s opinion of you does not have to become your reality.” – Les Brown
6. “You must take action now that will move you towards your goals. Develop a sense of urgency in your life.” – Les Brown
7. “Set goals and go after them with all the determination you can muster, your gifts will take you places that will amaze you.” – Les Brown
8. “Help others achieve their dreams and you will achieve yours.” – Les Brown
9. “Forgive yourself for your faults and your mistakes and move on.” – Les Brown
10. “Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” – Les Brown
11. “Just because Fate doesn’t deal you the right cards, it doesn’t mean you should give up. It just means you have to play the cards you get to their maximum potential.” – Les Brown
12. “Our ability to handle life’s challenges is a measure of our strength of character.” – Les Brown
13. “You cannot expect to achieve new goals or move beyond your present circumstances unless you change.” – Les Brown
14. “Today, you expand or you are expendable.” – Les Brown
15. “You don’t get what you want in life. You get who you are!” – Les Brown
16. “In every day, there are 1,440 minutes. That means we have 1,440 daily opportunities to make a positive impact.” – Les Brown
17. “Wanting something is not enough. You must hunger for it. Your motivation must be absolutely compelling in order to overcome the obstacles that will invariably come your way.” – Les Brown
18. “We were all born with a certain degree of power. The key to success is discovering this innate power and using it daily to deal with whatever challenges come our way.” – Les Brown
19. “The only limits to the possibilities in your life tomorrow are the buts you use today.” – Les Brown
20. “Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.” – Les Brown
21. “If you take responsibility for yourself you will develop a hunger to accomplish your dreams.” – Les Brown
22. “We must look for ways to be an active force in our own lives. We must take charge of our own destinies, design a life of substance and truly begin to live our dreams.” – Les Brown
23. “All of us need to grow continuously in our lives.” – Les Brown
24. “You need to make a commitment, and once you make it, then life will give you some answers.” – Les Brown
25. “The best gifts are those we not only cherish but put to use.” – Les Brown
26. “Review your goals twice every day in order to be focused on achieving them.” – Les Brown
27. “If you put yourself in a position where you have to stretch outside your comfort zone, then you are forced to expand your consciousness.” – Les Brown
28. “Anytime you suffer a setback or disappointment, put your head down and plow ahead.” – Les Brown
29. “Make each day count by setting specific goals to succeed, then putting forth every effort to exceed your own expectations.” – Les Brown
30. “Be willing to go all out, in pursuit of your dream. Ultimately it will pay off. You are more powerful than you think you are. Go for it.” – Les Brown
31. “It has been said, most people die at age 25 and don’t get buried until they are 65. Make an effort to live your life to the fullest.” – Les Brown
32. “There are three ingredients in the good life: learning, earning and yearning.” – Les Brown
33. “You have to be willing to allow the person you are today to DIE so that you can give birth to the person you are meant to become.” – Les Brown
34. “You don’t have to be great to get started, but you have to get started to be great.” – Les Brown
35. “The graveyard is the richest place on earth, because it is here that you will find all the hopes and dreams that were never fulfilled, the books that were never written, the songs that were never sung, the inventions that were never shared, the cures that were never discovered, all because someone was too afraid to take that first step, keep with the problem, or determined to carry out their dream.” – Les Brown
36. “The greatest revenge is massive success.” – Les Brown
37. “Most people fail in life not because they aim too high and miss, but because they aim too low and hit.” – Les Brown
38. “Align yourself with people that you can learn from, people who want more out of life, people who are stretching and searching and seeking some higher ground in life.” – Les Brown
39. “Perfection does not exist — you can always do better and you can always grow.” – Les Brown
40. “If you don’t program yourself, life will program you. -” Les Brown
41. “You must be willing to do what others won’t do, to have what others won’t have.” – Les Brown
42. “People inspire you, or they drain you. Pick them wisely.” – Les Brown
43. “Act the way you want to be and soon you’ll be the way you act.” – Les Brown
44. “You are the only real obstacle in your path to a fulfilling life.” – Les Brown
45. “When your why is big enough you will find your how.” – Les Brown
46. “You must see your goals clearly and specifically before you can set out for them. Hold them in your mind until they become second nature.” – Les Brown
47. “Fear does not have any special power unless you empower it by submitting to it.” – Les Brown
48. “Your level of belief in yourself will inevitably manifest itself in whatever you do.” – Les Brown
49. “It’s necessary that you align yourself with people and attract people into your business that are hungry. People that are unstoppable and unreasonable. It’s necessary to get the losers out of your life if you want to live your dreams.” – Les Brown
50. “You have to know within yourself that you can do this.” – Les Brown
51. “The easiest thing I ever did was earn a million dollars. The hardest thing I ever did, and it took years, was believing I was capable of earning a million dollars.” – Les Brown
52. “Don’t let the negativity given to you by the world disempower you. Instead give to yourself that which empowers you.” – Les Brown
53. “A person with the right attitude says to himself or herself, I may be here in this situation, but it doesn’t mean I have to stay here. When faced with a challenge, do you ask: why me? Or do you accept the opportunity for you to grow?” – Les Brown
54. “YOU decide what your limits are, and YOU decide your level of success. You are responsible for the time that you spend on this planet.” – Les Brown
55. “I often speak to people who wonder why they continue to fail. In many situations, they are concentrating their efforts in the wrong places period.” – Les Brown
56. “You can complain about the direction of your life all you want, but until you sit in the driver’s seat and begin to drive yourself, you aren’t going to get where you want to go!” – Les Brown
57. “In the end, it is the person you become, not the things you achieve, that is most important.” – Les Brown
58. “You may not always be able to control what life puts in your path, but I believe you can always control who you are.” – Les Brown
59. “If you view all the things that happen to you, both good and bad, as opportunities, then you operate out of a higher level of consciousness.” – Les Brown
60. “When we spend our time looking at what other people do or what they have, we deprive ourselves of the opportunity to see our own value.” – Les Brown
61. “Everything you do and every decision you make should be from a place of good. You should always be striving to make the world a better place.” – Les Brown
62. “The things you want are always possible; it is just that the way to get them is not always apparent. The only real obstacle in your path to a fulfilling life is you, and that can be a considerable obstacle because you carry the baggage of insecurities and past experience.” – Les Brown
63. “If you want to grow and develop yourself, embrace failure. If you want to become the best at what you do, you’ve got to be willing to fail, again and again. And then finally, one day, you can fail your way to greatness.” – Les Brown
64. “Your dream was given to you. If someone else can’t see it for you, that’s fine, it was given to you and not them. It’s your dream. Hold it. Nourish it. Cultivate it!” – Les Brown
65. “It really doesn’t matter what’s going on right now. The only thing that matters is what you’re going to do about it. Do something powerful!” – Les Brown
66. “A lot of people become discouraged too soon. The name of the game is, you’ve got to be relentless.” – Les Brown
67. “This is an age of awareness, an age of the mind. Those who can think or create, those who are educated or trained, those who are resourceful, those who are good business people are the ones who will determine their own destiny.” – Les Brown
68. “If you want to begin to alter your circumstance and alter your life, it’s very important that you begin to change your attitude about yourself.” – Les Brown
69. “Luck is nice, but work is something you can control. So get working!” – Les Brown
70. “What you have right now in your life is a reflection of your thoughts. Start by controlling your thoughts. We can’t control the thoughts that come into our mind but we can control what we dwell on. Start dwelling on the positive things in your life.” – Les Brown
71. “When I talk about consciousness, I;m talking about a combination of your hopes, your thoughts and your emotions, used as a force to act on what you see within yourself.” – Les Brown
72. “I can’t control what life hands me. What I can control is how I handle it.” – Les Brown
73. “No one can determine your destiny but you. Will it be easy? Of course not. Can you do it? Of course you can. But it requires patience and persistence. Seize this moment of crisis as your opportunity to start fresh, and live your dreams.” – Les Brown
74. “This is the time to activate the thinker in you, to begin to become the driving, active force in your life. Things have changed and you want to begin to learn how to manage change, to become the driver of change and not a victim of it.” – Les Brown
75. “If you run around with 9 losers pretty soon you’ll be the 10th one.” – Les Brown
76. “You may not accomplish every goal you set — no one does — but what really matters is having goals and going after them wholeheartedly.” – Les Brown
77. “Listen to positive music, watch positive videos or movies, hang out with positive, upbeat people. The last thing a blue mood need is more blues. Don’t be volunteer victim; be a fighter.” – Les Brown
Did you find these Les Brown Quotes inspiring?
If you liked these Les Brown quotes then please share this post to help others.
77 Peter Thiel Quotes On Startups & Success
If you’re looking for the best collection of Peter Thiel quotes then look no further. Peter Thiel is an American...
95 Best Reid Hoffman Quotes On The Start-Up of You
If you’re looking for the best collection of Reid Hoffman quotes then look no further. Reid Hoffman is an American...
Top 25 Reed Hastings Quotes On Business & Leadership
When it comes to entrepreneurship, leadership and business growth few are as experienced Reed Hastings and his quotes will show...
55 Travis Kalanick Quotes For Entrepreneur Success
If you’re looking for the best collection of Travis Kalanick quotes then look no further. Travis Kalanick is an American...
57 Brian Chesky Quotes On Culture, Startups & Success
If you’re looking for the best collection of Brian Chesky quotes then look no further. Brian Chesky is the co-founder...