Jim Carrey is one of best comedians to ever appear on the big screen. The actor is best known for his energetic slapstick performances in movies such as Dumb and Dumber, The Mask and Liar Liar to name a few.
He came from humble beginnings and if you ask Jim Carrey, he’ll tell you that his life is proof that our thoughts create our reality.
When still living in Canada and with almost no money in his bank account, he used to visualise actors and directors telling him how they liked his work.
But the most famous story about Jim Carrey and the Law Of Attraction is that when he was struggling as a young comedian, he wrote himself a cheque for 10 million dollars with a note saying “for acting services rendered.” He kept it in his wallet it until July 1995, a few weeks before his self-imposed deadline when he found out he would be making 10 million dollars for his role in Dumb and Dumber.
But in his own words he’ll tell you “You can’t just visualize it and then go eat a sandwich.” Meaning that you still have to work hard to get there.
Below are the most inspirational Jim Carrey Quotes on life and success that will hopefully help you create your dreams.
43 Jim Carrey Quotes
1. “I don’t think human beings learn anything without desperation. Desperation is a necessary ingredient to learning anything or creating anything. Period. If you ain’t desperate at some point, you ain’t interesting.” – Jim Carrey
2. “If you’ve got a talent, protect it.” – Jim Carrey
3. “I’m very serious about no alcohol, no drugs. Life is too beautiful.” – Jim Carrey
4. “I really believe in the philosophy that you create your own universe. I’m just trying to create a good one for myself.” – Jim Carrey
5. “People need motivation to do anything. I don’t think human beings learn anything without desperation.” – Jim Carrey
6. “I haven’t been as wild with my money as somebody like me might have been. I’ve been very safe, very conservative with investments. I don’t blow money. I don’t have a ton of houses. I know things can go away. I’ve already had that experience.” – Jim Carrey
7. “I want to be the greatest actor that ever lived, frankly. I’d love that. But I don’t need to be. I just want to be here. That’s it.” – Jim Carrey
8. “If you aren’t in the moment, you are either looking forward to uncertainty, or back to pain and regret.” – Jim Carrey
9. “Life opens up opportunities to you, and you either take them or you stay afraid of taking them.” – Jim Carrey
10. “I wake up some mornings and sit and have my coffee and look out at my beautiful garden, and I go, ‘Remember how good this is. Because you can lose it.'” – Jim Carrey
11. “My focus is to forget the pain of life. Forget the pain, mock the pain, reduce it. And laugh.” – Jim Carrey
12. “It is better to risk starving to death then surrender. If you give up on your dreams, what’s left?” – Jim Carrey
13. “I’ve arrived at the place if I’m not taking a career risk, I’m not happy. If I’m scared, then I know I’m being challenged.” – Jim Carrey
14. “Maybe other people will try to limit me but I don’t limit myself.” – Jim Carrey
15. “Either you’re the one erasing or you’re the one being erased.” – Jim Carrey
16. “Originality is really important.” – Jim Carrey
17. “If I had never ventured beyond being a stand-up comic, then I would be sitting in my house today working on my Leonardo DiCaprio impression.” – Jim Carrey
18. “My family kinda hit the skids. We were experiencing poverty at that point. We all got a job, where the whole family had to work as security guards and janitors. And I just got angry.” – Jim Carrey
19. “As far as I can tell, it’s just about letting the universe know what you want and then working toward it while letting go of how it comes to pass.” – Jim Carrey
20. “I think everybody should get rich and famous and do everything they ever dreamed of so they can see that it’s not the answer.” – Jim Carrey
21. “My soul is not contained within the limits of my body. My body is contained within the limitlessness of my soul.” – Jim Carrey
22. “I learned many great lessons from my father, not the least of which, was that you can fail at what you don’t want so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love.” – Jim Carrey
23. “There is a huge difference between a dog that is going to eat you in your mind and an actual dog that’s going to eat you.” – Jim Carrey
24. “I’m making a conscious choice to see challenges as beneficial so that I can deal with them in the most productive way.” – Jim Carrey
25. “I don’t believe in hope. Hope is a beggar. Hope walks through the fire, faith leaps over it.” – Jim Carrey
26. “So many of us choose our path out of fear disguised as practicality. What we really want seems impossibly out of reach so we never dare to ask the universe for it. I’m the proof that you can ask the universe for it.” – Jim Carrey
27. “Your need for acceptance can make you invisible in this world. Don’t let anything stand in the way of the light that shines through this form. Risk being seen in all of your glory.” – Jim Carrey
28. “You know the trouble with real life? There’s no danger music.” – Jim Carrey
29. “Life doesn’t happen to you. It happens for you.” – Jim Carrey
30. “How will you serve the world? What do they need that your talent can provide? That’s all you have to figure out.” – Jim Carrey
31. “Fear is going to be a player in your life, but you get to decide how much.” – Jim Carrey
32. “You can spend your whole life imagining ghosts, worrying about your pathway to the future, but all there will ever be is what’s happening here, and the decisions we make in this moment, which are based in either love or fear.” – Jim Carrey
33. “Everything you gain in life will rot and fall apart, and all that will be left of you is what was in your heart.” – Jim Carrey
34. “The peace that we’re after lies somewhere beyond personality, beyond the perception of others, beyond invention and disguise, even beyond effort itself.” – Jim Carrey
35. “Beware of the unloved, because they will eventually hurt themselves… or others.
36. “The effect you have on others is the most valuable currency there is.” – Jim Carrey
37. “You will only ever have two choices: love or fear. Choose love, and don’t ever let fear turn you against your playful heart.” – Jim Carrey
38. “You are the vanguard of knowledge and consciousness; a new wave in a vast ocean of possibilities.” – Jim Carrey
39. “Your job is not to figure out how it’s going to happen for you, but to open the door in your head and when the doors open in real life, just walk through it. Don’t worry if you miss your cue. There will always be another door opening. They keep opening.” – Jim Carrey
40. “Why not take a chance on faith? Not religion, but faith. Not hope, but faith. I don’t believe in hope. Hope is a beggar. Hope walks through the fire and faith leaps over it.” – Jim Carrey
41. “Flowers don’t worry about how they’re going to bloom. They just open up & turn toward the light & that makes them beautiful.” – Jim Carrey
42. “There are peaks, there are valleys. But they’re all kind of carved and smoothed out, and it feels like a low level of despair you live in. Where you’re not getting any answers, but you’re living OK. And you can smile at the office. You know? But it’s a low level of despair. I was on Prozac for a long time. It may have helped me out of a jam for a little bit, but people stay on it forever. I had to get off at a certain point because I realized that, you know, everything’s just OK.” – Jim Carrey
43. “Ultimately, we’re not the avatars we create. We’re not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through it. All else is just smoke and mirrors. Distracting, but not truly compelling.” – Jim Carrey
Did you find these Jim Carrey Quotes inspiring?
If you liked these Jim Carrey quotes then please share this post to help inspire others.