Gary Vaynerchuk (aka Gary Vee) is a serial entrepreneur, speaker and four-time New York Times bestselling author.
Gary has been an entrepreneur all his life. From lemonade stands to trading baseball cards in his childhood, fresh out of college he took over his family wine business and grew it from $3M to $60M in revenue in just 5 years.
Along the way Gary was an early investor in companies like Facebook, Twitter and Uber to name a few.
Along with being the Founder and CEO of VaynerMedia, Gary hosts The #AskGaryVee Show and is prolific on social media. His passion, ambition, work ethic and authenticity make Gary a very inspirational entrepreneur to learn from.
I’ve put together 67 of the most motivating Gary Vaynerchuk quotes that you can use as life lessons to live by.
67 Gary Vaynerchuk Quotes
1. “Look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself, what do I want to do everyday for the rest of my life…do that.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
2. “Your legacy is being written by yourself. Make the right decisions.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
4. “When it comes down to it, nothing trumps execution.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
5. “Ideas are shit. Execution is the game.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
6. “Legacy is greater than currency.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
7. “Skills are cheap. Passion is priceless.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
8. “People are chasing cash, not happiness. When you chase money, you’re going to lose. You’re just going to. Even if you get the money, you’re not going to be happy.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
9. “If you live for the weekends and vacations, your sh*t is broken.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
10. “No matter what you do, your job is to tell your story.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
11. “We are in control of the one asset that we all give the most f*cks about, and that is time.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
12. “You are not patient enough. Your lack of patience is killing you and your need of things is killing you.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
13. “I’m just always looking forward. I spend very little time, looking backward.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
14. “Love your family, work super hard, live your passion.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
15. “The truth is that finding happiness in what you do every day is so imperative.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
16. “You didn’t grow up driving…you figured it out.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
17. “Time – the one asset none of us are ever going to get more of.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
18. “There is never a bad time to start a business – unless you want to start a mediocre one.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
19. “All your ideas may be solid or even good… But you have to actually execute on them for them to matter.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
20. “I hate how many people think “glass half-empty” when their glass is really four-fifths full. I’m grateful when I have one drop in the glass because I know exactly what to do with it.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
21. “You need to spend all of your time and energy on creating something that actually brings value to the people you’re asking for money!” – Gary Vaynerchuk
22. “Whether you’re 9 or 90, stop trying to fix the things you’re bad at, and focus on the things you’re good at.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
23. “A penguin cannot become a giraffe, so just be the best penguin you can be.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
24. “It’s easy to dream about it… Much harder to execute it… Work!” – Gary Vaynerchuk
25. “Relationships are leverage. If you give value to someone else first, you have leverage.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
26. “Do the work. Everyone wants to be successful, but nobody wants to do the work.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
27. “This is such an important part of being an entrepreneur, and I think that the most important part is… seeing the glass half-full. You have to look at the upside.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
28. “Stop hanging around people who don’t want to win.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
29. “Without hustle, talent will only carry you so far.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
30. “There’s no reason to do shit you hate. None.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
31. “Ideas are completely, completely, completely worthless unless you execute against those ideas. And you can sit here and tell me what your “purpose” is, but unless you go and execute against it, it is not different than an idea, which is completely useless without fundamental execution.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
32. “There’s not a single winner on earth that took it easy.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
33. “The best marketing strategy ever: care.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
34. “Smart work will never replace hard work, it only supplements it.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
35. “The only differentiator in this game is your passion and your hustle.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
36. “Give value. Give value, Give value. And then ask for business.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
37. “Ideas are worthless without execution, and execution is pointless without ideas.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
38. “Cash is oxygen. You can make the greatest cup of coffee, the greatest sneaker, the greatest TV show, or the greatest work of art ever, but if you can’t sell your product you are out of business.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
39. “Hustle is the most important word ever.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
40. “If you fail and people laugh at you, they’re not worth your time. Ignore them.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
41. “How do you make people buy in? You don’t. I speak only to the converted, and you should do the same.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
42. “If your work is great, that becomes your reputation, and that becomes the gateway drug to bring business into your sales funnel.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
43. “Provide 51% of the value in a relationship, whether it’s with an employee, a client, or a stranger.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
44. “Making the switch of going all-in, not doing tactics… because you’re not, unless you completely go black and white… You gotta make that binary switch of like ‘I’m going to work a lot, and not have excuse anymore, I’m going to be very patient, I’m going to learn how to build a business’ then that’s when things can to happen… Forever, 7 days a week, for life.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
45. “Complaining has no value, let your actions dictate, instead of sitting there and feeling like you’re not in control.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
46. “It’s what you don’t do that will screw with you later on.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
47. “As long as the person that “loses the most” is self-aware (they will eventually win)…self-awareness is the ultimate in our society right now…” – Gary Vaynerchuk
48. “That’s why I love losing: It’s a motivator for me. I don’t believe anybody. I don’t believe their comments on YouTube…I don’t believe my mother… I believe ME.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
49. “People need to start breaking the rules. Stop going about it the way you think that it needs to be done.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
50. “If you’re doing something else, and you want to do this thing you love, you do it after hours. You work 9-6, you get home, you kiss the dog, and you go to town. You start building your equity in your brand, and whatever you’re trying to accomplish. Everyone has time. Stop watching “Lost” (TV series), Everyone has time. You want this? You want bling-bling, you want to buy the Jets? WORK.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
51. “When you tell your truth, it’s not scary to talk to one; it’s not scary to talk to 50,000. The biggest mistake people make, and the number one reason people fail, is because they have to think – because they don’t know, because they have to fake it.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
52. “If you ever say to someone else ‘Why are you up so early?’ then that is the biggest tell that you are not a player.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
53. “Great marketing is all about telling your story in such a way that it compels people to buy what you are selling.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
54. “If you know exactly what you want to be, you need to spend as much time as possible with people who are actually that already…” – Gary Vaynerchuk
55. “Hustling is putting every minute and all your effort into achieving the goal at hand.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
56. “Pour your heart and soul into your business. People will notice.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
57. “Someone with less passion and talent and poorer content can totally beat you if they’re willing to work longer and harder than you are. Hustle is it.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
58. “It’s not about what you’re saying, it’s about how you listen.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
59. “If people say you shouldn’t pursue business around your passion they are haters. Don’t believe them.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
60. “Focus on your strengths, not your weaknesses.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
61. “Hustle is waking up the day before you die and realising you gave it your all.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
62. “I have no understanding as to why you wouldn’t try to make what you’re passionate about work for you.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
63. “I measure my success by how happy I am, not how big the business is or how much money I’ve made.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
64. “Live your passion. What does that mean, anyway? It means that when you get up for work every morning, every single morning, you are pumped because you get to talk about or work with or do the thing that interests you the most in the world. You don’t live for vacations because you don’t need a break from what you’re doing—working, playing, and relaxing are one and the same. You don’t even pay attention to how many hours you’re working because to you, it’s not really work. You’re making money, but you’d do whatever it is you’re doing for free.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
65. “Business is a marathon, and most of society thinks it’s a sprint.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
66. “Do what makes you happy. Keep it simple. Do the research. Work hard. Look ahead.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
67. “We only get to play this game one time. We have one life.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
Did you find these Gary Vaynerchuk quotes helpful?
If you liked these Gary Vaynerchuk quotes then please share this post with your friends. Also, I’d love to know which Gary Vaynerchuk quote is your favourite in the comments below.
37 Rosa Parks Quotes To Stand Up For Your Freedom
Looking for the best Rosa Parks quotes? This collection of famous Rosa Parks quotes will help you stand up for...
87 Best George Carlin Quotes On Education, Politics & Life
Looking for the best George Carlin quotes? George Carlin was an American stand-up comedian, actor, social critic and author. He...
101 Marianne Williamson Quotes That Will Enlighten You
Looking for the best Marianne Williamson quotes? Marianne Williamson is an American author, spiritual leader, political candidate and activist. She...
Fear-setting: Why you should define your fears instead of your goals
Fear-setting is an exercise that Tim Ferriss swears by. The bestselling author of The 4 Hour Work Week says he...
Top 5 Lessons Learned After She Read 500 Self-Help Books
If you’re looking for inspiration then these days no one is suffering from a shortage of self-help reading material out...