Floyd Joy Mayweather Jr. is a retired American boxer, who competed from 1996 to 2017, and currently works as a boxing promoter for his own Mayweather Promotions.
Mayweather ended his incredible career with a perfect record of 50 wins and 0 defeats and held multiple world titles over 5 weight classes.
He was one of the most lucractive pay-per-view attractions of all time with Forbes listing him as the highest paid athlete in 2014 and 2015.
He is considered as one of the greats, right up there with Muhammad Ali. Here’s a collection of the best Floyd Mayweather quotes to inspire you to be a champion:
43 Floyd Mayweather Quotes
1. “A true champion will fight through anything.” – Floyd Mayweather
2. “Don’t ever know who you may meet, or just because a person may not be dressed up all fancy, don’t mean they’re not an important person. You just don’t ever know who you’re gonna meet in life. So that’s why I look at everybody as equal. Can’t just judge. I treat everybody with respect. Every man.” – Floyd Mayweather
3. “All work is easy work.” – Floyd Mayweather
4. “Showing is better than telling.” – Floyd Mayweather
5. “I come from a very rough background, and I’m saying that if you work hard and dedicate yourself that you can make it, too.” – Floyd Mayweather
6. “I’ve had boxing gloves on since before I could walk and been in gyms all of my life.” – Floyd Mayweather
7. “When people see what I have now, they have no idea of where I came from and how I didn’t have anything growing up.” – Floyd Mayweather
8. “You can never overlook a guy.” – Floyd Mayweather
9. “You’ve got to have a villain and they’ll always make me a villain. I’m used to it – it makes me work harder and it makes me fight harder.” – Floyd Mayweather
10. “What I learned from boxing and what everyone can take in real life is to follow directions, follow order. Don’t give nobody a hard time.” – Floyd Mayweather
11. “Everything people say I couldn’t do I’ve done.” – Floyd Mayweather
12. “You know, as a young child, I lay in my bedroom and I swore to myself then: ‘I’m not going to smoke and I’m not going to drink.’ And I said I’m not going to just say that when I’m a kid. I’m going to stick to that as an adult. I kept that in mind my whole life.” – Floyd Mayweather
13. “You have good days, you have bad days. But the main thing is to grow mentally.” – Floyd Mayweather
14. “A true champion can adapt to anything.” – Floyd Mayweather
15. “Things happen for a reason, and the only thing you can do is at night time get on your knees and ask God for forgiveness for anything that you did that you didn’t feel was right.” – Floyd Mayweather
16. “My whole outlook on life is, never judge a book by its cover.” – Floyd Mayweather
17. “Worry about going out there and making your own legacy.” – Floyd Mayweather
18. “People have said things about me, and wrote and criticized me about things in the past, but it goes in one ear and out the other.” – Floyd Mayweather
19. “I would lie in bed, and I was nine years old, and say to myself: ‘I want to be the richest man in the world.’ I’ve come a long way from there.” – Floyd Mayweather
20. “Most people should be talking about how Floyd Mayweather is a great undefeated future Hall of Famer that’s his own promoter and that works extremely hard to get to where he’s at. Instead, all you hear is hate and jealous remarks from critics who criticize me and, you know, most of the time, the people that criticize me can’t do what I can do.” – Floyd Mayweather
21. “Hard work, dedication!” – Floyd Mayweather
22. “No athlete works harder than Floyd Mayweather.” – Floyd Mayweather
23. “I don’t fold under pressure, great athletes perform better under pressure, so put pressure on me.” – Floyd Mayweather
24. “If you’re the best then take the test!” – Floyd Mayweather
25. “To be the best you have to work overtime.” – Floyd Mayweather
26. “Your body is your temple. You do your body good it does you good.” – Floyd Mayweather
27. “If you work good, you’re gonna get paid very well for it. Simple as that, that’s how life goes. If you work hard, you’re gonna get good results. If you bullshit, you’re gonna be at the bottom with a bunch of people that’s at the bottom.” – Floyd Mayweather
28. “Never cry. Never complain. Just work.” – Floyd Mayweather
29. “I push myself to the limit. I dedicate myself to this craft.” – Floyd Mayweather
30. “Everybody is blessed with a certain talent, you have to know what that talent is, you have to maximize it and push it to the limit.” – Floyd Mayweather
31. “I believe in my skills, I believe in my talent. If no one believes in Floyd Mayweather, I believe in me.” – Floyd Mayweather
32. “Tough times do not last, tough people do.” – Floyd Mayweather
33. “I’m a firm believer that before you can go anywhere, you have to conquer the level that you are at, just like young kids do it today with video games, they have to finish one level to go to the next one. Conquer one level at the time, and only then you’ll get where you want to go to.” – Floyd Mayweather
34. “I know how I could beat myself: by not being disciplined, by slacking, by not dedicating myself to my craft, by not working hard, by not listening, by thinking I know it all – shit like that.” – Floyd Mayweather
35. “As long as you know you gave whatever you did 100% you’re considered a winner in my book.” – Floyd Mayweather
36. “Sometimes, people say certain things about me that are negative, but that’s no problem. I try to take their negative and turn it to a positive. That’s why I like to surround myself with positive people.” – Floyd Mayweather
37. “Just live every day like it’s your last day and be the best person that you can be.” – Floyd Mayweather
38. “Ain’t no boundaries, ain’t no limits.” – Floyd Mayweather
39. “Any true champion can bounce back. That’s what being a champion is: being able to deal with adversity and being able to bounce back.” – Floyd Mayweather
40. “I’ve done some things that I shouldn’t have done but I know I’m not a bad person, and I know that I can become a better person…Only thing I can do is work at it.” – Floyd Mayweather
41. “Fame is cool but I believe in success.” – Floyd Mayweather
42. “Even though I had a rough life I always had my mind on bigger and better things.” – Floyd Mayweather
43. “Health is more important than anything.” – Floyd Mayweather
Did you find these Floyd Mayweather Quotes inspiring?
If you liked these Floyd Mayweather quotes then please share this post to help inspire others.
31 Adam Sandler Quotes On Life & Success
If you’re looking for the best collection of Adam Sandler quotes then look no further. Adam Sandler is an American...
63 Tom Cruise Quotes On Acting, Life & Success
Looking for the best collection of Tom Cruise quotes? Then look no further! Tom Cruise is one of the most...
Top 21 Morpheus Quotes From The Matrix
Looking for the best Morpheus quotes from The Matrix? Then look no further! While some may consider the Matrix to...
127 David Goggins Quotes To Be Successful
Looking for the best collection of David Goggins quotes? Then look no further! David Goggins is a man who was...
101 Brené Brown Quotes On Courage, Vulnerability & Shame
Looking for the best collection of Brené Brown quotes? Then look no further. Brené Brown is a research professor at...