Denis Waitley could very well be regarded as the greatest coach America has ever produced.
He was a pioneer in the personal development field with his audiobook, The Psychology Of Winning selling out to over 2 million people and generating $100 million in sales.
Apart from being a bestselling author and motivational speaker, Denis Waitley has been responsible for creating winners, being the Chairman of Psychology for US Olympics team and as the performance coach of Astronauts.
I’ve put together the best Denis Waitley quotes that will make you a winner. Each quote below has been selected to give you a winning mindset – The Winners Edge!
67 Denis Waitley Quotes
1. The only person who never makes mistakes is the person who never does anything. – Denis Waitley
2. There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them. – Denis Waitley
3. It’s not what you are that holds you back, it’s what you think you are not. – Denis Waitley
4. Change the changeable. Accept the unchangeable. And remove yourself from the unacceptable. – Denis Waitley
5. The winners in life think constantly in terms of I can, I will, and I am. Losers, on the other hand, concentrate their waking thoughts on what they should have or would have done, or what they can’t do. – Denis Waitley
6. Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude. – Denis Waitley
7. Losers make promises they often break. Winners make commitments they always keep. – Denis Waitley
8. Never become so much of an expert that you stop gaining expertise. View life as a continuous learning experience. – Denis Waitley
9. You must stick to your conviction, but be ready to abandon your assumptions. – Denis Waitley
10. Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker. Failure is delay, not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead end. Failure is something we can avoid only by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing. – Denis Waitley
11. The winners in life treat their body as if it were a magnificent spacecraft that gives them the finest transportation and endurance for their lives. – Denis Waitley
12. Don’t be a time manager, be a priority manager. Cut your major goals into bite-sized pieces. Each small priority or requirement on the way to ultimate goal become a mini goal in itself. – Denis Waitley
13. Relentless, repetitive self talk is what changes our self-image. – Denis Waitley
14. Life is inherently risky. There is only one big risk you should avoid at all costs, and that is the risk of doing nothing. – Denis Waitley
15. Winners have the ability to step back from the canvas of their lives like an artist gaining perspective. They make their lives a work of art – an individual masterpiece. – Denis Waitley
16. There are no mistakes or failures, only lessons. – Denis Waitley
17. Our limitations and success will be based, most often, on your own expectations for ourselves. What the mind dwells upon, the body acts upon. – Denis Waitley
18. Everything is something you decide to do, and there is nothing you have to do. – Denis Waitley
19. Life is the movie you see through your own eyes. It makes little difference what’s happening out there. It’s how you take it that counts. – Denis Waitley
20. Losers live in the past. Winners learn from the past and enjoy working in the present toward the future. – Denis Waitley
21. A dream is your creative vision for your life in the future. You must break out of your current comfort zone and become comfortable with the unfamiliar and the unknown. – Denis Waitley
22. If you believe you can, you probably can. If you believe you won’t, you most assuredly won’t. Belief is the ignition switch that gets you off the launching pad. – Denis Waitley
23. You must understand that seeing is believing, but also know that believing is seeing. – Denis Waitley
24. No man or woman is an island. To exist just for yourself is meaningless. You can achieve the most satisfaction when you feel related to some greater purpose in life, something greater than yourself. – Denis Waitley
25. Time is the most precious element of human existence. The successful person knows how to put energy into time and how to draw success from time. – Denis Waitley
26. You must welcome change as the rule but not as your ruler. – Denis Waitley
27. One characteristic of winners is they always look upon themselves as a do it yourself project. – Denis Waitley
28. Life is not accountable to us. We are accountable to life. – Denis Waitley
29. The reason most people never reach their goals is that they don’t define them, learn about them, or even seriously consider them as believable or achievable. Winners can tell you where they are going, what they plan to do along the way and who will be sharing the adventure with them. – Denis Waitley
30. Learn from the past, set vivid, detailed goals for the future, and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control: now. – Denis Waitley
31. All the top achievers I know are life-long learners. Looking for new skills, insights, and ideas. If they’re not learning, they’re not growing, not moving toward excellence. – Denis Waitley
32. We are supposed to forgive everyone; everyone includes ourselves. – Denis Waitley
33. You are either the captain or the captive of your thoughts. – Denis Waitley
34. People procrastinate because they are afraid of the success that they know will result if they move ahead now. Because success is heavy, carries a responsibility with it, it is much easier to procrastinate and live on the “someday I’ll” philosophy. – Denis Waitley
35. Failures do what is tension relieving while winners do what is goal achieving. – Denis Waitley
36. The less you try to impress, the more impressive you are. – Denis Waitley
37. Success is a process that continues, not a status that you reach. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned. – Denis Waitley
38. The greatest limitations you will ever face will be those you place on yourself. – Denis Waitley
39. Close your eyes and visualize the person you really want to be, who fits your own concepts of self-respect. If you can see the person clearly in the mirror of you mind, you surely will become that person. – Denis Waitley
40. The greatest achievement is to outperform yourself. – Denis Waitley
41.The confidence you need is belief in your potential. If you see world-class potential in yourself, you’ll put in the effort. If you don’t see the potential, you won’t put in the effort and you’ll wait for the performance, and the performance always follows the belief in self. – Denis Waitley
42. The primary success factor is knowing how to learn from others and rely on yourself. – Denis Waitley
43. When you visualize, then you materialize. If you’ve been there in the mind you’ll go there in the body. – Denis Waitley
44. Understand that you, yourself, are no more than the composite picture of all your thoughts and actions. In your relationships with others, remember the basic and critically important rule: If you want to be loved, be lovable. If you want respect, set a respectable example! – Denis Waitley
45. Make a list of your current wants and desires. Next to each, put down what benefit or payoff there would be when you achieve it. Look at this list often throughout the day and before retiring at night. – Denis Waitley
46. No matter how much time you’ve wasted in the past, you still have all of tomorrow. Success depends upon using it wisely by planning and setting priorities. The fact is, time is worth more than money, and by killing time we are killing our own chances for success. – Denis Waitley
47. The secret to productive goal setting is in establishing clearly defined goals, writing them down and then focusing on them several times a day with words, pictures and emotions as if we’ve already achieved them. – Denis Waitley
48. The patient person accepts a certain amount of failure knowing that it is as important a thread in the fabric of life as is success. Great individuals make great successes out of failure. – Denis Waitley
49. Successful people believe in the validity of their own dreams and goals, even if dreams are all they have to go on. – Denis Waitley
50. Tomorrow’s leaders not only have dreams, goals and plans. They are willing to work hard and to take responsibility for turning their plans into energy, perspiration and effort. They don’t sit back and wait for someone else to turn their dreams into action. They take charge of executing their own plan. – Denis Waitley
51. The easiest thing to do in the world is to neglect the important and give in to the urgent. – Denis Waitley
52. Losers let it happen; winners make it happen! – Denis Waitley
53. Losers fix the blame; winners fix what caused the problem. – Denis Waitley
54. The most important key to the permanent enhancement of self esteem is the practice of positive inner-talk. – Denis Waitley
55. Expect to succeed even before you start. All winners, no matter what their game, start with the expectations that they are going to succeed. Winners say, “I want to do this and I CAN do this”, not “I would like to do this, but I don’t think I can.” – Denis Waitley
56. When you make a mistake or get ridiculed or rejected, look at mistakes as learning experiences, and ridicule as ignorance. Look at rejection as part of one performance, not as a turn down of the performer. – Denis Waitley
57. The majority of people consider their work a means to an end. People who work for money only come to the end faster than people who are involved in their life’s purpose every day. – Denis Waitley
58. Highly motivated achievers are looking not to receive but to contribute. They are looking for problems that are personally satisfying to solve. – Denis Waitley
59. Unless what you say benefits the other person, don’t say it. – Denis Waitley
60. Never follow the crowd in what you do; the crowd has never produced anything of lasting quality, value or beauty. – Denis Waitley
61. When you are able to applaud yourself, it is much easier to applaud others. – Denis Waitley
62. The most important conversations, briefings, meeting, and lectures you will ever have will be those you hold with yourself in the privacy of your own mind. – Denis Waitley
63. The most important opinion you’ll ever have is the one you hold of yourself. – Denis Waitley
64. The greatest risk in life is to wait for and depend upon others for your own security. – Denis Waitley
65. The first best-kept secret of total success is that we must feel love inside ourselves before we can give it to others. – Denis Waitley
66. Doubters don’t win, winners don’t doubt. – Denis Waitley
67. Winning is beginning. And just by beginning, your game is half won. – Denis Waitley
If you liked these Denis Waitley quotes then make sure you share this page and comment below with your favourite.
77 Peter Thiel Quotes On Startups & Success
If you’re looking for the best collection of Peter Thiel quotes then look no further. Peter Thiel is an American...
95 Best Reid Hoffman Quotes On The Start-Up of You
If you’re looking for the best collection of Reid Hoffman quotes then look no further. Reid Hoffman is an American...
Top 25 Reed Hastings Quotes On Business & Leadership
When it comes to entrepreneurship, leadership and business growth few are as experienced Reed Hastings and his quotes will show...
55 Travis Kalanick Quotes For Entrepreneur Success
If you’re looking for the best collection of Travis Kalanick quotes then look no further. Travis Kalanick is an American...
57 Brian Chesky Quotes On Culture, Startups & Success
If you’re looking for the best collection of Brian Chesky quotes then look no further. Brian Chesky is the co-founder...