If there is one thing these Colonel Sanders quotes will show you it’s that it’s never too late to get started.
Colonel Sanders is the inspirational founder of Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC). What’s remarkable about Colonel Sanders success story is that he received 1,009 noes before he received his first yes. At the time he was 66 years old!
He’s a true inspiration to all entrepreneurs or anyone that believes that they have value to offer the world. In his own words, he says “I just say the moral out of my life is don’t quit at age 65, maybe your boat hasn’t come in yet. Mine hadn’t.”
Below you’ll find the best Colonel Sanders quotes on hard work, success and simply giving it your all in life until your very last breath. I hope they inspire you to follow your dreams no matter what your age.
Inspirational Colonel Sanders Quotes
1. “I was sixty-six years old. I still had to make a living. I looked at my social security check of 105 dollars and decided to use that to try to franchise my chicken recipe. Folks had always liked my chicken.” – Colonel Sanders
2. “It came to me that the one thing I could do was cook. And I figured I couldn’t do any worse than the people running these places around town.” – Colonel Sanders
3. “I made a resolve then that I was going to amount to something if I could. And no hours, nor amount of labor, nor amount of money would deter me from giving the best that there was in me. And I have done that ever since, and I win by it. I know.” – Colonel Sanders
4. “I think a dream is just a suggestion to start something out, do something.” – Colonel Sanders
5. “My life isn’t over and I’m not going to sit in a rocking chair and take money from the government.” – Colonel Sanders
6. “Wealth, like happiness, is never attained when sought after directly. It comes as a byproduct of providing a useful service.” – Colonel Sanders
7. “You got to like your work. You have got to like what you are doing, you have got to be doing something worthwhile so you can like it – because it is worthwhile, that it makes a difference, don’t you see?” – Colonel Sanders
8. “One has to remember that every failure can be a stepping stone to something better.” – Colonel Sanders
9. “There’s no reason to be the richest man in the cemetery. You can’t do any business from there.” – Colonel Sanders
10. “I’ve got no idea when I am going to retire. Whenever they pick me up and take me to the funeral home, I guess.” – Colonel Sanders
11. “Sitting in a rocker never appealed to me. Golf or fishing isn’t as much fun as working.” – Colonel Sanders
12. “I don’t fear that a man will wear out as quickly as he will rust out.” – Colonel Sanders
13. “To me, my recipes are priceless.” – Colonel Sanders
14. “My life is devoted to business and supporting my family.” – Colonel Sanders
15. “I’ve only had two rules. Do all you can and do it the best you can. It’s the only way you ever get that feeling of accomplishing something.” – Colonel Sanders
16. “No hours, nor amount of labor, nor amount of money would deter me from giving the best that there was in me.” – Colonel Sanders
17. “The easy way is efficacious and speedy, the hard way arduous and long. But, as the clock ticks, the easy way becomes harder and the hard way becomes easier.” – Colonel Sanders
18. “The hard way builds solidly a foundation of confidence that cannot be swept away.” – Colonel Sanders
19. “Hard work beats all the tonics and vitamins in the world.” – Colonel Sanders
20. “Feed the poor and get rich or feed the rich and get poor.” – Colonel Sanders
21. “People are just like farm equipment. They rust out quicker than they wear out.” – Colonel Sanders
22. “There’s something inside of me that makes me want to help people, especially people who are having difficulty of some kind.” – Colonel Sanders
23. “If you’re a dreamer and a do’er back up your dreams.” – Colonel Sanders
24. “Have ambition to work, willingness to work and integrity in what you do.” – Colonel Sanders
25. “Work is the basis of living. I’ll never retire. A man’ll rust out quicker than he’ll wear out.” – Colonel Sanders
26. “I’m against retiring. The thing that keeps a man alive is having something to do.” – Colonel Sanders
27. “I just say the moral out of my life is don’t quit at age 65, maybe your boat hasn’t come in yet. Mine hadn’t.” – Colonel Sanders
Did you like these inspirational quotes?
What are your favorite Colonel Sanders quotes? Let me know in the comments below.
67 Suzy Kassem Quotes That Are Full Of Wisdom
If you’re looking for the best collection of Suzy Kassem quotes and sayings then look no further. Suzy Kassem is...
Revealed: How 50 Cent Made Millions With Vitamin Water
In October 2004 50 Cent did a deal with Glacéau Vitamin Water that would go on to become one of...
50 Best 50 Cent Quotes On Money, Power & Success
If you’re looking for the best 50 Cent quotes then look no further. Curtis Jackson, professionally known as 50 Cent...
67 Best George Bernard Shaw Quotes To Be Successful
Looking for the most inspirational George Bernard Shaw quotes? Then look no further! George Bernard Shaw was an Irish playwright,...
27 Colonel Sanders Quotes That Will Inspire You To Success
If there is one thing these Colonel Sanders quotes will show you it’s that it’s never too late to get...