Looking for the best Chris Sacca quotes? Then look no further!
Chris Sacca is an American venture investor, company advisor, entrepreneur, and lawyer. He is the founder of Lowercase Capital, a venture capital fund in the United States that has invested in seed and early-stage technology companies such as Twitter, Uber, Instagram, Twilio, and Kickstarter.
Chris Sacca’s investments resulted in him being listed as No. 2 on Forbes Midas List: Top Tech Investors for 2017.
In early 2017, Sacca announced that he was retiring from venture investing. Chris Sacca’s net worth is $1.2 billion as of 2018.
Below you’ll find the best Chris Sacca quotes on investing, startup advice and living a successful life.
Chris Sacca Quotes
1. “Ideas are cheap. Execution is everything.” – Chris Sacca
2. “Your value doesn’t decrease based on someone’s inability to see your worth.” – Chris Sacca
3. “We buy things we don’t really want with money we don’t really have to impress people we don’t really care about. Forget that.” – Chris Sacca
4. “You have to offer value without expecting anything in return.” – Chris Sacca
5. “Never. Stop. Selling.” – Chris Sacca
6. “You have to ask yourself, you have to be honest. Do you really have what it takes? Are you incredibly unreasonable? Do you have an irrational sense of the inevitability of the success of what you’re building, or are you just here because it’s fashionable?” – Chris Sacca
7. “The biggest journey in all of our lives is the journey from external to internal validation.” – Chris Sacca
8. “I spent a lot of time learning how to define myself internally rather than externally. I learned how to care less about external validation. I think that’s given me a renewed confidence in speaking out loud. I kind of don’t care what people think about me. I feel a lot more confident in saying what I believe.” – Chris Sacca
9. “People get out ahead of themselves in debt with spending on all of their desires. But if you learn to live pretty simply and well, well under your means, you feel incredibly, incredibly rich, and that frees you up and gives you the option to start something new, to leave the job you’re not excited about, where there might be a glass ceiling on you.” – Chris Sacca
10. “Simplicity is hard to build, easy to use, and hard to charge for. Complexity is easy to build, hard to use, and easy to charge for.” – Chris Sacca
11. “A great idea can’t succeed without a great operator. But rarely can a great operator squeak by with a bad idea. So, as pithy as it sounds to say ‘It’s all about the people,’ I only invest when I think I have found the right team for the right business.” – Chris Sacca
12. “I want to be investing in the future and not the present.” – Chris Sacca
13. “Don’t talk stats and charts. Attach what you’re doing to a narrative about a problem you’re solving.” – Chris Sacca
14. “The very best products and the very best entrepreneurs are the ones worth arguing with.” – Chris Sacca
15. “Good stories beat good spreadsheets.” – Chris Sacca
16. “What happens next is up to you.” – Chris Sacca
17. “What’s success anyway? Is success about making the most money? No, money for the most part turns people into jerks.” – Chris Sacca
18. “Every few years I like picking a uniform so I won’t have to think too much about what to wear.” – Chris Sacca
19. “Effective storytelling is the key to getting users to understand and adopt your product as well as imperative to recruiting team members and future investors.” – Chris Sacca
20. “How can you build something for someone else if you don’t have enough familiarity with them to imagine the world through their eyes?” – Chris Sacca
21. “When you get into investing, your default stance should be ‘No,’ because most deals suck. Most deals won’t make money. Most companies will fail.” – Chris Sacca
22. “One rule we have at my house is, be proud of what we invest in.” – Chris Sacca
23. “I’m good at what I do and still improving as I learn from mentors, founders, partners, friends, family, strangers, my own investors, and the experience itself.” – Chris Sacca
24. “There is a greed case for diversity. Diverse perspectives bring us into markets we didn’t know existed.” – Chris Sacca
25. “One of my rules for investing is, I don’t invest in a deal where I don’t think I have an unfair advantage and where I don’t think I can personally impact the outcome.” – Chris Sacca
26. “Startup investing is one of my things, but it is not my everything.” – Chris Sacca
27. “Just don’t spend your money, and you’re well on your way to becoming a millionaire.” – Chris Sacca
28. “Being cheap now means so much more freedom and choices later.” – Chris Sacca
29. “What I learned from Google is to only invest in things that close the loop.” – Chris Sacca
30. “The decision-maker on the other end is still a human being with a spouse, kids, who likes music and movies, so start with something that they can literally emotionally attach to.” – Chris Sacca
31. “The only way I know to be awesome at startups is to be obsessively focused and pegged to the floor of the deep-end gasping for air. I succeeded at venture capital because, for years, I rarely thought about or spent time on anything else. Anything less than that unmitigated full commitment leaves me feeling frustrated and ineffective.” – Chris Sacca
32. “The most successful and ambitious people out there know to create value before asking for anything in return. You want to get my attention? Start doing some of my work. … Distinguish yourself through your hustle and your initiative.” – Chris Sacca
33. “Be your unapologetically weird self.” – Chris Sacca
Did you like these inspirational quotes?
What are your favourite Chris Sacca quotes? Let me know in the comments and please share this post to help and inspire others.