Looking for the best collection of Bear Grylls quotes? Then check out the collection of quotes about success and survival by Bear Grylls below.
The world famous adventurer and survival expert has managed to win all our hearts with his audacious exploits on-screen whether that be putting himself in precarious situations or eating all manner of gross insects, at times really making a meal of it.
The British adventurer, writer and TV presenter, Edward Michael Grylls, better known as Bear Grylls achieved fame with his television series Man vs. Wild (2006–2011), originally titled Born Survivor: Bear Grylls.
Grylls has an impressive list of achievements among serving the British Army reserves with 21 SAS and being among the youngest people to ever climb Mount Everest at the age of 23, only 18 months after breaking three vertebrae.
He has managed to grow his on-screen career too with a number of TV shows including The Island, Running Wild with Bear Grylls and Bear Grylls Survival School to name a few.
Outside of TV, Grylls works as a motivational speaker, giving speeches worldwide to corporations, churches, schools, and other organisations. He also takes part in a number of philanthropic projects.
The reason for Bear Grylls extraordinary success is his incredible mindset that has continuously allowed him to push past his limits. Below are 69 of the best Bear Grylls quotes to help you push past yours.
69 Bear Grylls Quotes
1. “The line between life or death is determined by what we are willing to do.” – Bear Grylls
2. “You only get one chance at life and you have to grab it boldy.” – Bear Grylls
3. “Survival can be summed up in three words, never give up, that’s the heart of it really. Just keep trying.” – Bear Grylls
4. “Keep focused on the step in front of you. Nothing else.” – Bear Grylls
5. “When you’re going through hell – keep going.” – Bear Grylls
6. “If you risk nothing, you gain nothing.” – Bear Grylls
7. “Survival is not about being fearless. It’s about making a decision. Getting on and doing it. Because I want to see my kids again, or whatever the reason might be.” – Bear Grylls
8. “Life is all about our growth, not our trophies.” – Bear Grylls
9. “The difference between ordinary and extra-ordinary is just that little word – extra. Give that little bit extra.” – Bear Grylls
10. “Pack the right skills and the right attitude, and you won’t need much else.” – Bear Grylls
11. “Don’t listen to the dream stealers.” – Bear Grylls
12. “Smile when it’s raining.” – Bear Grylls
13. “Those who are positive, resourceful, courageous, and determined will emerge.” – Bear Grylls
14. “Pain is temporary, quitting lasts forever.” – Bear Grylls
15. “Never depend on those luck moments – they are gifts, but instead always build your own backup plan.” – Bear Grylls
16. “We all have our limits. To push beyond those limits sometimes requires something just beyond ourselves. That is what my faith has given me – a secret strength, and help when I have needed it most.” – Bear Grylls
17. “Survival requires movement.” – Bear Grylls
18. “Never give up, never give in.” – Bear Grylls
19. “Take every chance you get in life. Because some things only happen once.” – Bear Grylls
20. “Good things don’t come easy.” – Bear Grylls
21. “Struggle develops strength and storms make you stronger.” – Bear Grylls
22. “There’s no magic to running far or climbing Everest. Endurance is mental strength. It’s all about heart.” – Bear Grylls
23. “The storms in life gotta make you stronger, the tougher it gets the more positive you gotta be.” – Bear Grylls
24. “And if you give your heart to a goal, it will repay you. It’s the law of the universe.” – Bear Grylls
25. “Being brave isn’t the absence of fear. Being brave is having that fear but finding a way through it.” – Bear Grylls
26. “Life is about getting up again, dusting yourself down again, learning from the lessons and then pushing on.” – Bear Grylls
27. “Change the way you use your time, and you change your life.” – Bear Grylls
28. “The greatest journeys all start with a single step.” – Bear Grylls
29. “A man’s pride can be his downfall, and he needs to learn when to turn to others for support and guidance.” – Bear Grylls
30. “Survival requires us to leave our prejudices at home. It’s about doing whatever it takes – and ultimately those with the biggest heart will win.” – Bear Grylls
31. “Adventure should be 80 percent ‘I think this is manageable,’ but it’s good to have that last 20 percent where you’re right outside your comfort zone. Still safe, but outside your comfort zone.” – Bear Grylls
32. “Life’s full of lots of dream-stealers always telling you you need to do something more sensible. I think it doesn’t matter what your dream is, just fight the dream-stealers and hold onto it.” – Bear Grylls
33. “You can’t live someone else’s expectations in life. It’s a recipe for disaster.” – Bear Grylls
34. “Nobody wants to end up super rich and famous – but divorced. I’m always clear on that and try to stay on the right side of the line.” – Bear Grylls
35. “You’re not human if you don’t feel fear. But I’ve learnt to treat fear as an emotion that sharpens me. It’s there to give me that edge for what I have to do.” – Bear Grylls
36. “Our fate is determined by how far we are prepared to push ourselves to stay alive – the decisions we make to survive. We must do whatever it takes to endure and make it through alive.” – Bear Grylls
37. “Weather can kill you so fast. The first priority of survival is getting protection from the extreme weather.” – Bear Grylls
38. “Why is it that the finish line always tends to appear just after the point at which we most want to give up? Is it the universe’s way of reserving the best for those who can give the most? What I do know, from nature, is that the dawn only appears after the darkest hour.” – Bear Grylls
39. “Live a wild, generous full, exciting life – blessing those around you and seeing the good in all.” – Bear Grylls
40. “A wise man knows; learn from others, never get complacent and know where the classic old dangers come from.” – Bear Grylls
41. “You can’t become a decent horseman until you fall off and get up again, a good number of times. There’s life in a nutshell.” – Bear Grylls
42. “Make a little time to be quiet by yourself every day and just be.” – Bear Grylls
43. “It is only when You really step out of your comfort zone that you grow.” – Bear Grylls
44. “Our dreams are just wishes, if we never follow them through with action. And in life, you have got to be able to light your own fire.” – Bear Grylls
45. “My best life lessons and education didn’t come from a classroom – they’ve come from the wild. How you act in the big moments, the ones that challenge you, scare you, tempt you, and force you to make the right decisions, is what defines you.” – Bear Grylls
46. “When you find yourself thinking about someone or something in the same old negative way, just stop yourself. Think. Check. Change. Refresh. Job done. Smile. Move on. Do this enough times and you will change. For the better; for the stronger.” – Bear Grylls
47. “Both faith and fear may sail into your harbor, but only allow faith to drop anchor.” – Bear Grylls
48. “The lesson is, the rewards in life don’t always go to the biggest, or the bravest, or the smartest. The rewards go to the dogged; and when your going though hell, to the person who just keeps going.” – Bear Grylls
49. “What I’ve learned over the years is that the path less traveled always makes for a more interesting journey. If you simply do what everyone else is doing, how can you ever expect to excel and create something wonderful and unique in your life?” – Bear Grylls
50. “Don’t be scared to dream big, and don’t be afraid to be close to people. And never give up! It’s the tenacious not the talented that win.” – Bear Grylls
51. “The only difference between ‘try’ and ‘triumph’ is varying degrees of ‘umph’.” – Bear Grylls
52. “As a society, we’ve become terrified of failure, but you can’t grow without risking it.” – Bear Grylls
53. “Our achievements are generally limited only by the beliefs we impose on ourselves.” – Bear Grylls
54. “One thing I know for sure: it is only by doing what we fear that we can ever truly learn to be brave.” – Bear Grylls
55. “All worthwhile journeys have big obstacles. It’s the way of the world. The rewards go to those who can push through those trying moments and still manage to keep a smile on their face.” – Bear Grylls
56. “Success almost always follows great attitude. The two attract each other!” – Bear Grylls
57. “Once a job it has begun, do not stop until it’s done. Whether it is big or small, do it well or not all.” – Bear Grylls
58. “Sometimes an ember is all we need.” – Bear Grylls
59. “Life doesn’t reward the naturally clever or strong but those who can learn to fight and work hard and never quit.” – Bear Grylls
60. “People ask me, “How do I succeed?” Whatever it is they do, I say, “Go and find 20 ways of messing it up. By 21, you’ll be getting there.” Life is an adventure, go back with cuts, scars and bruises.” – Bear Grylls
61. “If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn’t lead anywhere.” – Bear Grylls
62. “If you want it bad enough, you’ll pass.” – Bear Grylls
63. “This is your life. Be bold with it. Live it with energy and purpose in the direction that excites you. Listen to your heart, look for your dreams: they are God-inspired.” – Bear Grylls
64. “Sometimes you have just got to tackle these mountains head-on.” – Bear Grylls
65. “Tentative holds no power.” – Bear Grylls
66. “Life rewards the dogged, not the qualified.” – Bear Grylls
67. “Empty vessels make the most noise. It is true. The best adventurers and climbers, and the most successful people I know in life, are all great listeners, and they don’t talk too much.” – Bear Grylls
68. “We can’t always choose our circumstances but we can choose how we respond to what life throws at us, and there is power when we realize our ability to alter our destiny.” – Bear Grylls
69. “Stick to the fight when you’re hardest hit, It’s when things seem worst that you must not quit.” – Bear Grylls
Did you find these Bear Grylls Quotes inspiring?
If you liked these Bear Grylls quotes then please share this post to help inspire others.
67 Best Big Sean Quotes & Lyrics On Success
If you’re looking for the best Big Sean quotes and lyrics to motivate you to success then look no further!...
47 Inspirational Scarlett Johansson Quotes
If you’re looking for the best collection of Scarlett Johansson quotes then look no further. Scarlett Johansson is an American...
37 Jennifer Lawrence Quotes About Life & Success
This collection of Jennifer Lawrence quotes about life and success will inspire you to embrace who you are. Jennifer Lawrence...
37 Jennifer Aniston Quotes That Will Empower You
If you’re looking for the best collection of inspirational Jennifer Aniston quotes then look no further. Jennifer Aniston is an...
31 Adam Sandler Quotes On Life & Success
If you’re looking for the best collection of Adam Sandler quotes then look no further. Adam Sandler is an American...