Arianna Huffington is the co-founder and former editor-in-chief of The Huffington Post.
Her ability to overcome fear and persevere led to her being named to Time Magazine’s list of the world’s 100 most influential people and the Forbes Most Powerful Women list.
She has authored a total of 15 books with her last two, Thrive: The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Life of Well-Being, Wisdom, and Wonder and The Sleep Revolution: Transforming Your Life, One Night At A Time, both became instant international bestsellers.
It’s pretty inspiring that her 2nd book was rejected by 36 publishers before she launched The Huffington Post many years later in 2005.
Only 6 years later in 2011, The Huffington Post was acquired by AOL for $315 million and made Huffington the President and Editor-in-chief of The Huffington Post Media Group.
In 2016, she stepped down from her role at The Huffington Post to devote time to a new startup, Thrive Global, focusing on health and wellness.
I’ve put together a great collection of inspirational Arianna Huffington quotes that will give you her insights into success and becoming conscious of what you need to recharge your spirit.
70 Inspirational Arianna Huffington Quotes
1. “Failure is not the opposite of success; it’s part of success.” – Arianna Huffington
2. “We think mistakenly, that success is the result of the amount of the time we put in at work, instead of the quality of the time we put in.” – Arianna Huffington
3. “You have to do what you dream of doing even while you’re afraid.” – Arianna Huffington
4. “Fearlessness is not the absence of fear. It’s the mastery of fear. It’s about getting up one more time than we fall down.” – Arianna Huffington
5. “Life is a dance between making it happen and letting it happen.” – Arianna Huffington
6. “Fearlessness is like a muscle. I know from my own life that the more I exercise it the more natural it becomes to not let my fears run me.” – Arianna Huffington
7. “The fastest way to break the cycle of perfectionism and become fearless is to give up the idea of doing it perfectly – indeed to embrace uncertainty and imperfection.” – Arianna Huffington
8. “Never make decisions from a place of lack.” – Arianna Huffington
9. “Angels fly because they take themselves lightly.” – Arianna Huffington
10. “We may not be able to witness our own eulogy, but we’re actually writing it all the time, every day.” – Arianna Huffington
11. “When we believe in something, we got to stay with it, even when the world tells us no.” – Arianna Huffington
12. “The happiest people are the most giving.” – Arianna Huffington
13. “Ninety-nine percent of the time it’s not urgent and to create a culture where you are constantly plugged in and expected to be always-on is to create a culture of burnout.” – Arianna Huffington
14. “Live your life as if everything is rigged in your favor.” – Arianna Huffington
15. “We are not on this earth to accumulate victories, things, and experiences, but to be whittled and sandpapered until what’s left is who we truly are.” – Arianna Huffington
16. “My heart is at ease knowing that what was meant for me will never miss me, and that what misses me was never meant for me.” – Arianna Huffington
17. “The difference between failure and success is perseverance.” – Arianna Huffington
18. “I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to dance better than myself.” – Arianna Huffington
19. “If you take care of your mind, you take care of the world.” – Arianna Huffington
20. “We need to accept that we won’t always make the right decisions, that we’ll screw up royally sometimes – understanding that failure is not the opposite of success, it’s part of success.” – Arianna Huffington
21. “The more we refuse to buy into our inner critics – and our external ones too – the easier it will get to have confidence in our choices, and to feel comfortable with who we are – as women and as mothers.” – Arianna Huffington
22. “A purpose of human life, no matter who is controlling it, is to love whoever is around to be loved.” – Arianna Huffington
23. “Don’t just climb the ladder of success – a ladder that leads, after all, to higher and higher levels of stress and burnout – but chart a new path to success, remaking it in a way that includes not just the conventional metrics of money and power, but a third metric that includes well-being, wisdom, wonder, and giving, so that the goal is not just to succeed but to thrive.” – Arianna Huffington
24. “Today we often use deadlines—real and imaginary—to imprison ourselves.” – Arianna Huffington
25. “Treat people like family, and they will be loyal and give their all.” – Arianna Huffington
26. “Why do we spend so much of our limited time on this earth focusing on all the things that our eulogies will never cover?” – Arianna Huffington
27. “We take better care of our smartphones than we do of ourselves – the phones are always recharged!” – Arianna Huffington
28. “When we take care of ourselves, we are more effective, we are more creative, and we are more successful in a broad definition of the word.” – Arianna Huffington
29. “I don’t look back. I don’t look forward. I try to just be here, now.” – Arianna Huffington
30. “It’s not ‘What do I want to do?’, it’s ‘What kind of life do I want to have?’” – Arianna Huffington
31. “Imagine how our culture, how our lives, will change when we begin valuing go-givers as much as we value go-getters.” – Arianna Huffington
32. “Being connected in a shallow way to the entire world can prevent us from being deeply connected to those closest to us—including ourselves.” – Arianna Huffington
33. “Turn off all notifications; you should control when you want information, not the reverse.” – Arianna Huffington
34. “Like airlines, we routinely overbook ourselves, fearful of any unused capacity, confident that we can fit everything in. We fear that if we don’t cram as much as possible into our day, we might miss out on something fabulous, important, special, or career advancing. But there are no rollover minutes in life. We don’t get to keep all that time we “save.” It’s actually a very costly way to live.” – Arianna Huffington
35. “We’re too busy chasing a phantom of the successful life. The difference between what such success looks like and what truly makes us thrive isn’t always clear as we’re living our lives. But it becomes much more obvious in the rear view mirror. Have you noticed that when we die, our eulogies celebrate our lives very differently from the way society defines success?” – Arianna Huffington
36. “I’m asking people to realize that whatever our job in the world is, whatever our dreams are, we are bigger than that. If we can find that, who we really are and live from that place, life is truly amazing no matter what the challenges and the obstacles are.” – Arianna Huffington
37. “We are wired for giving. When we give, all the biological inflammation-markers, the precursors of disease, go down.” – Arianna Huffington
38. “Giving is a shortcut to happiness.” – Arianna Huffington
39. “The goal of life is not to see what we can make of it, but what it can make of us.” – Arianna Huffington
40. “A key component of wisdom is fearlessness, which is not the absence of fear, but rather not letting our fears get in the way.” – Arianna Huffington
41. “In life, the things that go wrong are often the very things that lead to other things going right.” – Arianna Huffington
42. “If you believe life is rigged your way, then stumbling blocks turn into stepping stones.” – Arianna Huffington
43. “When we prioritize our well-being, everything else in our life gets better, including our products, including our performance at work, including our success.” – Arianna Huffington
44. “Where we put our attention determines the quality of our life. It determines what we do. It determines everything.” – Arianna Huffington
45. “Remember what you’re grateful for, or simple consciously breathe. It will dramatically change the quality of your day.” – Arianna Huffington
46. “It’s also our collective delusion that overwork and burnout are the price we must pay in order to succeed.” – Arianna Huffington
47. “People look for retreats for themselves, in the country, by the coast, or in the hills, when it is possible for you to retreat into yourself any time you want.” – Arianna Huffington
48. “Success is not a straight line, it’s much more of a dance and being open to possibilities.” – Arianna Huffington
49. “The first step toward changing the world is to change our vision of the world and of our place in it.” – Arianna Huffington
50. “The more fearless we are in our personal lives, the more of that spirit we’ll bring to changing our world.” – Arianna Huffington
51. “If we don’t know ourselves, our essence, where our true power comes from, we will believe our power comes from collecting victories, trophies, money, or recognition. And these are all fine, but it’s not ultimately what life is about. When we think it is, we really waste our greatest possibilities.” – Arianna Huffington
52. “Failure is not the opposite to success, it’s a stepping stone to success. If our primary goal is to be approved of, then we are not going to take risks, we are not going to speak out, we are going to try to blend in.” – Arianna Huffington
53. “The journey toward self-discovery is life’s greatest adventure.” – Arianna Huffington
54. “People discover that by helping others, even when they themselves are suffering, they end up improving their own lives.” – Arianna Huffington
55. “Nothing is ever enough when what you are looking for isn’t what you really want.” – Arianna Huffington
56. “We don’t have to wait until we move or change jobs to change our lives. Nor do we have to wait for large-scale, upstream change. We can initiate change right now. There are endless starting points.” – Arianna Huffington
57. “You can’t manage creativity. You need to manage for creativity. You need to create the space for it to emerge.” – Arianna Huffington
58. “Naysayers have little power over us – unless we give it to them.” – Arianna Huffington
59. “Being fearless doesn’t mean living a life devoid of fear, but living a life in which our fears don’t hold us back.” – Arianna Huffington
60. “Be a go-giver, not a go-getter.” – Arianna Huffington
61. “What preoccupies us is the way we define success. If you see your life purely in terms of money and power, then everything in your life becomes about ‘Am I getting ahead?’ and that is truly a barbaric way to live, because it eliminates huge chunks of our humanity.” – Arianna Huffington
62. “Don’t wait until you’re not afraid of something to do it. Do it despite the fear and you’ll start to develop a ‘fearlessness muscle’.” – Arianna Huffington
63. “Everything you do, you’ll do better with a good night’s sleep.” – Arianna Huffington
64. “The harder you try to suppress the truth, the more inevitable it is that it will find a way to come out.” – Arianna Huffington
65. “Fearlessness is the mother of reinvention.” – Arianna Huffington
66. “Since fear is such a primal reaction, making the choice to move forward despite fear is an evolved decision that transcends our animal nature.” – Arianna Huffington
67. “Remind yourself: you are not your thoughts or feelings.” – Arianna Huffington
68. “There may be no single thing that can teach us more about life than death.” – Arianna Huffington
69. “You can complete a project by dropping it.” – Arianna Huffington
70. “The advice I would give to my younger self is very, very simple: Stop burning the candle at both ends and renew your estranged relationship with sleep. You will be more productive, more effective, more creative, and more likely to enjoy your life.” – Arianna Huffington
Did you find these Arianna Huffington Quotes inspiring?
Which Arianna Huffington quote is your favourite? Let me know in the comments and please share this post to help and inspire others.
67 Benjamin Disraeli Quotes To Be Successful
If you’re looking for the best Benjamin Disraeli Quotes then look no further. Benjamin Disraeli was a British politician of...
55 Famous R. Buckminster Fuller Quotes
Looking for the best R. Buckminster Fuller quotes? Then look no further. Richard Buckminster Fuller was an American architect, systems...
40 Alfred Adler Quotes That Will Make You Reflect
If you’re looking for the best Alfred Adler quotes then look no further. Alfred Adler was an Austrian medical doctor,...
55 Best The Wolf Of Wall Street Quotes
Looking for the best quotes from The Wolf of Wall Street? Then look no further. The Wolf of Wall Street...
67 Famous Theodore Roosevelt Quotes
If you’re looking for the best Theodore Roosevelt quotes then look no further. Theodore Roosevelt is remembered as one of...