Women admire her, men dream about her. Angelina Jolie is one of the most inspiring and compassionate women around.
As an established Hollywood actress Jolie has won three Golden Globes, two Screen Actors Guild Awards and an Oscar.
The beautiful mother to 6 children (three of whom were adopted) is also a very active humanitarian and received the Global Humanitarian Action Award from the UN for her involvement on behalf of refugee rights.
What’s most inspiring about Angelina Jolie is that through her various struggles she has matured into someone willing to take on the responsibility of being a role model.
The Angelina Jolie quotes below show that you can have phenomenal personal success and live a life that serves others.
57 Angelina Jolie Quotes
1. “I do believe in the old saying, ‘What does not kill you makes you stronger.’ Our experiences, good and bad, make us who we are. By overcoming difficulties, we gain strength and maturity.” – Angelina Jolie
2. “Make bold choices and make mistakes. It’s all those things that add up to the person you become.” – Angelina Jolie
3. “If I make a fool of myself, who cares? I’m not frightened by anyone’s perception of me.” – Angelina Jolie
4. “I’ve been reckless, but I’m not a rebel without a cause.” – Angelina Jolie
5. “The truth is I love being alive. And I love feeling free. So if I can’t have those things then I feel like a caged animal and I’d rather not be in a cage. I’d rather be dead. And it’s real simple. And I think it’s not that uncommon.” – Angelina Jolie
6. “Let’s embrace being not normal!” – Angelina Jolie
7. “Life comes with many challenges. The ones that should not scare us are the ones we can take on and take control of.” – Angelina Jolie
8. “To be in any way a positive contribution, that’s all anybody wants to be. It’s all I’ve ever wanted to be. I wanted to be an artist, be a mother. You want to feel that in your life you’ve been of use, in whatever way that comes out.” – Angelina Jolie
9. “If every choice you make comes from an honest place, you’re solid, and nothing anybody can say about you can rock you or change your opinion.” – Angelina Jolie
10. “I’ve never lived my life in the opinion of others. I believe I’m a good person. I believe I’m a good mom. But that’s for my kids to decide, not for the world.” – Angelina Jolie
11. “When I get logical, and I don’t trust my instincts – that’s when I get in trouble.” – Angelina Jolie
12. “If you don’t get out of the box you’ve been raised in, you won’t understand how much bigger the world is.” – Angelina Jolie
13. “If you ask people what they’ve always wanted to do, most people haven’t done it. That breaks my heart.” – Angelina Jolie
14. “I’m not somebody that thinks about destiny and fate, but I don’t walk away from it when something unfolds.” – Angelina Jolie
15. “Everything I do, I hope, is that I represent something, and I represent the right things to my children and give them the right sense of what they’re capable of and the world as it should be seen.” – Angelina Jolie
16. “It is a joy to be an artist, but it doesn’t mean very much unless that work is somehow useful in some way and contributes to others.” – Angelina Jolie
17. “I tend not to look back and dwell on a project once it is finished.” – Angelina Jolie
18. “Our diversity is our strength. What a dull and pointless life it would be if everyone was the same.” – Angelina Jolie
19. “Anytime I feel lost, I pull out a map and stare. I stare until I have reminded myself that life is a giant adventure, so much to do, to see.” – Angelina Jolie
20. “Without pain, there would be no suffering, without suffering we would never learn from our mistakes. To make it right, pain and suffering is the key to all windows, without it, there is no way of life.” – Angelina Jolie
21. “I’ve realized that being happy is a choice. You never want to rub anybody the wrong way or not be fun to be around, but you have to be happy. When I get logical and I don’t trust my instincts – That’s when I get in trouble.” – Angelina Jolie
22. “We have a choice about how we take what happens to us in our life and whether or not we allow it to turn us. We can become consumed by hate and darkness, or we’re able to regain our humanity somehow, or come to terms with things and learn something about ourselves.” – Angelina Jolie
23. “I try to lead by example, being conscious of others and being responsible.” – Angelina Jolie
24. “I have so much in my life. I want to be of value to the world.” – Angelina Jolie
25. “It’s hard to be clear about who you are when you are carrying around a bunch of baggage from the past. I’ve learned to let go and move more quickly into the next place.” – Angelina Jolie
26. “If I think more about death than some other people, it is probably because I love life more than they do.” – Angelina Jolie
27. “There’s something about death that is comforting. The thought that you could die tomorrow frees you to appreciate your life now.” – Angelina Jolie
28. “I don’t believe in guilt; I believe in living on impulse as long as you never intentionally hurt another person. And don’t judge people in your life. I think you should live completely free.” – Angelina Jolie
29. “I never felt settled or calm. You can’t really commit to life when you feel that.” – Angelina Jolie
30. “What nourishes me also destroys me.” – Angelina Jolie
31. “Real food, I’ve found, is actually better than dieting.” – Angelina Jolie
32. “There’s nothing I have to hide or defend. I’m gonna live my life. And there are times when people wanna try to attack me, and I don’t know why, but they will. And that’s okay.” – Angelina Jolie
33. “You have to just make the choices you make in life. I made the choices I made because I believed they were right for me.” – Angelina Jolie
34. “The truth is I love being alive. And I love feeling free. So if I can’t have those things then I feel like a caged animal and I’d rather not be in a cage. I’d rather be dead.” – Angelina Jolie
35. “We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.” – Angelina Jolie
36. “People say that you’re going the wrong way when it’s simply a way of your own.” – Angelina Jolie
37. “You think, ‘What if I make a mistake today, I’ll regret it’. I don’t believe in regret, I feel everything leads us to where we are and we have to just jump forward, mean well, commit and just see what happens.” – Angelina Jolie
38. “If being sane is thinking there’s something wrong with being different….I’d rather be completely fucking mental.” – Angelina Jolie
39. “Love one person, take care of them until you die. You know, raise kids. Have a good life. Be a good friend. And try to be completely who you are. And figure out what you personally love. And go after it with everything you’ve got no matter how much it takes.” – Angelina Jolie
40. “Be brave, be bold, be free.” – Angelina Jolie
41. “People always slow down for a train wreck. It’s like junk food. If you don’t feel good about yourself, you want to read crap about other people, like gossip in high school. You don’t understand why it’s there, but somehow it makes a lot of people feel better.” – Angelina Jolie
42. “Nothing would mean anything if I didn’t live a life of use to others.” – Angelina Jolie
43. “Different is good. When someone tells you that you are different, smile and hold your head up and be proud.” – Angelina Jolie
44. “Save one-third, live on one-third, and give away one-third.” – Angelina Jolie
45. “Love – is when you wish all the best to the people you love, when you put their interests and well-being above their own. Always.” – Angelina Jolie
46. “Like every parent, when you start your family, your life completely changes. And you completely live for someone else. I find that the most extraordinary thing. Your life is handed over to someone else. From that moment on, they come first in every choice you make. It’s the most wonderful thing.” – Angelina Jolie
47. “Figure out who you are separate from your family, and the man or woman you’re in a relationship with. Find who you are in this world and what you need to feel good alone. I think that’s the most important thing in life. Find a sense of self because with that, you can do anything else.” – Angelina Jolie
48. “It’s better to have nobody, than to have someone who is half there, or doesn’t want to be there.” – Angelina Jolie
49. “People have two sides, a good side and a bad side, a past, a future. We must embrace both in someone we love.” – Angelina Jolie
50. “We have a responsibility to be aware of others.” – Angelina Jolie
51. “It is not where you start out in life that counts the most, it is how you choose to face it.” – Angelina Jolie
52. “Everyday we choose who we are by how we define ourselves.” – Angelina Jolie
53. “Don’t think the rich people in Hollywood have ever thought I was normal, but I am dedicated to my work and that’s what counts.” – Angelina Jolie
54. “I wonder why guys mistreat and disrespect girls. But then expect life to hand them a good woman they’re older and ready to settle down?” – Angelina Jolie
55. “Live, without hurting anyone, do not judge people and be absolutely free.” – Angelina Jolie
56. “No matter what you have gone through in your youth, it is about who you choose to be in life. You can define your own destiny. You can be stronger than a very difficult past and overcome it.” – Angelina Jolie
57. “Different is good. So don’t fit in, don’t stand still, don’t ever try to be less than what you are.” – Angelina Jolie
Did you find these Angelina Jolie Quotes inspiring?
If you liked these Angelina Jolie quotes then please share this post to help inspire others.
57 Dr. Bruce Lipton Quotes On The Biology Of Belief
If you’re looking for the best collection of Dr. Bruce Lipton quotes then look no further. Dr. Bruce Lipton is...
101 Dr. Joe Dispenza Quotes To Be Successful
If you’re looking for the best collection of Dr. Joe Dispenza quotes then look no further. Dr. Joe Dispenza is...
60 Tom Bilyeu Quotes That Will Change Your Life
Looking for the best Tom Bilyeu quotes? Then look no further. Tom Bilyeu is best known for being the co-founder...
95 Greatest Tupac Quotes & Lyrics Of All Time
If you’re looking for the best collection of inspirational Tupac Shakur quotes and lyrics then you’ve come to the right...
47 Inspirational Biggie Smalls Quotes & Lyrics
If you’re looking for the best collection of Biggie Smalls quotes then look no further. These quotes by The Notorious...