Looking for the best Albert Einstein quotes? Then look no further.
Albert Einstein, a household name, a name which became the by word for genius, was much more than just a scientist. The German-born Einstein was one of the greatest influential thinkers and most inquisitive of philosophers of the 20th century.
Though a physicist by profession, issues of war, peace and the nature of free will occupied the mind of Einstein and he often pondered humanity’s largest questions and dilemmas.
It wasn’t until the age of 42 that Albert Einstein saw the fruits of his labour, winning the Noble Prize in 1921 for Physics.
The modest Einstein was a man full of great wisdom and insights so I present to you 30 of his best quotes that will blow your mind.
30 Albert Einstein Quotes
1. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
2. When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute — and it’s longer than any hour. That’s relativity.
3. The only way to escape the corruptible effect of praise is to go on working.
4. The state of mind which enables a man to do work of this kind…is akin to that of the religious worshipper or the lover; the daily effort comes from no deliberate intention or program, but straight from the heart.
5. The aim [of education] must be the training of independently acting and thinking individuals who, however, see in the service to the community their highest life problem.
6. If I were to start taking care of my grooming, I would no longer be my own self…
7. As a human being, one has been endowed with just enough intelligence to be able to see clearly how utterly inadequate that intelligence is when confronted with what exists.
8. Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.
9. Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.
10. A human being is a part of the whole, called by us “Universe”, a part limited in time and space.
11. All of science is nothing more than refinement of everyday thinking.
12. There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
13. The value of achievement lies in the achieving.
14. I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious.
15. Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
16. Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving
17. Truth is what stands the test of experience.
18. Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
19. I never think of the future. It comes soon enough.
20. Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.
21. It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.
22. Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.
23. Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.
24. Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
25. The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
26. Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value
27. The important thing is not to stop questioning; curiosity has its own reason for existing.
28. Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.
29. Everything must be made as simple as possible. But not simpler.
30. If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut