Jim Rohn is widely regarded as one of the most influential thought leaders of our time and has impacted a generation of personal development trainers and executives.
For over 40 years Jim Rohn honed his craft in helping people shape their life strategies and imagination of what was possible.
He has authored countless books, audio and video programs and possessed a unique ability to bring extraordinary insights to ordinary principles and events. Those who have had the pleasure of reading his books or hearing him talk can truly appreciate his eloquent way with words and his common sense approach to communicating powerful philosophies, life changing ideas and strategies.
Jim Rohn passed away in 2009 but his legacy lives on forever.
Below are 33 Jim Rohn quotes that are more than just quotes, they are life lessons and philosophies that you should learn from and live your life by.
33 Jim Rohn Quotes
1. Books are what you step on to take you to a higher shelf. The higher your stack of books, the higher the shelf you can reach. Want to reach higher? Stack some more books under your feet! Reading is what brings us to new knowledge. It opens new doors. It helps us understand mysteries. It lets us hear from successful people. Reading is what takes us down the road in our journey. Everything you need for a better future and success has already been written.
2. Don’t mistake movement for achievement. It’s easy to get faked out by being busy. The question is: Busy doing what?
3. Don’t join an easy crowd; you won’t grow. Go where the expectations and the demands to perform are high.
4. Don’t set your goals too low. If you don’t need much, you won’t become much.
5. Don’t let your learning lead to knowledge. Let your learning lead to action.
6. Don’t read a book and be a follower; read a book and be a student.
7. Don’t wish it was easier wish you were better. Don’t wish for less problems wish for more skills. Don’t wish for less challenge wish for more wisdom.
8. Either you run the day or the day runs you.
9. Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.
10. Get around people who have something of value to share with you. Their impact will continue to have a significant effect on your life long they have departed.
11. Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.
12. I find it fascinating that most people plan their vacations with better care than they plan their lives. Perhaps that is because escape is easier than change.
13. If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.
14. If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.
15. If you don’t like how things are, change it! You’re not a tree.
16. If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.
17. It doesn’t matter which side of the fence you get off on sometimes. What matters most is getting off. You cannot make progress without making decisions.
18. Learn how to be happy with what you have while you pursue all that you want.
19. Learn how to say no. Don’t let your mouth overload your back.
20. Learn how to separate the majors and the minors. A lot of people don’t do well simply because they major in minor things.
21. Make rest a necessity, not an objective. Only rest long enough to gather strength.
22. My father taught me to always do more than you get paid for as an investment in your future.
23. One of the greatest gifts you can give to anyone is the gift of attention.
24. Only by giving are you able to receive more than you already have.
25. Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.
26. Successful people have libraries. The rest have big screen TVs.
27. The worst days of those who enjoy what they do are better than the best days of those who don’t.
28. To become financially independent you must turn part of your income into capital; turn capital into enterprise; turn enterprise into profit; turn profit into investment; and turn investment into financial independence.
29. We get paid for bringing value to the marketplace. It takes time… but we get paid for the value, not the time.
30. Work harder on yourself than you do on your job.
31. We must all wage an intense, lifelong battle against the constant downward pull. If we relax, the bugs and weeds of negativity will move into the garden and take away everything of value.
32. You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.
33. You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the season or the wind, but you can change yourself. That is something you have charge of.
Got Time For Inspiration?
If those Jim Rohn quotes haven’t already inspired you enough then make sure you watch the video below. Play it in the background whilst you work and listen to Jim present some amazing insights on how to “create your best life ever!”